Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will the cyber truck see a reduction in size?. Especially the length?. Currently says it’s 231.7. Also is the prices predicted to go up or is the price on Tesla’s website accurate?. Thank you.
Same as F150 ...
so it would be another vehicle to go against Range / Maverick

d64fa62025ab5d505f63535bc2981676

5f45a0bed5243d00d558c6c9_Dimensions-Transport-Tesla-Cybertruck-Dimensions.svg

• Informative
Reactions: mark95476
There seems to be a concern by a lot of folks wrt length of the truck. It's the same size the best selling vehicle in the US (maybe beyond) in the F150. Given the F150 is so popular it would be some sort of reasonable benchmark, obviously design is radically different, on the size of a P/U. I don' know the rest of the dimensions we can compare it to the F150. I'm curious if it's bigger than the current Gen Raptor.

There seems to be a concern by a lot of folks wrt length of the truck. It's the same size the best selling vehicle in the US (maybe beyond) in the F150. Given the F150 is so popular it would be some sort of reasonable benchmark, obviously design is radically different, on the size of a P/U. I don' know the rest of the dimensions we can compare it to the F150. I'm curious if it's bigger than the current Gen Raptor.
I am just curious if it Will see a reduction in size. Says it’s 19’4 in length. I am hearing about a 3 percent reduction in size?

I am just curious if it Will see a reduction in size. Says it’s 19’4 in length. I am hearing about a 3 percent reduction in size?
No, on 5/23/21, Elon later twitted: Reviewed design with Franz last night. Even 3% smaller is too small. Will be pretty much this size. We’ll probably do a smaller, tight world truck at some point.

No, on 5/23/21, Elon later twitted: Reviewed design with Franz last night. Even 3% smaller is too small. Will be pretty much this size. We’ll probably do a smaller, tight world truck at some point.
That post was actually made in 2020.
On 5/23/21. The things I am reading more recently are saying they decided to make a few modifications to make it smaller. Has anyone heard anything recently on the reconfiguration?

Reactions: freeewilly
I posed this question a while back in the thread. The general consensus was that the preorder price would be honored. if there’s a price increase you’d probably absorb if you reconfigure your order.
If I did not reserve it do you think the price will go up or will they honor the price they have on there website?.Without any modifications of course.

If I did not reserve it do you think the price will go up or will they honor the price they have on there website?.Without any modifications of course.
I believe you pay the price listed at the time of order. If you were to order today you will pay that price when delivered. If you order after a price increase you will pay the increased price when delivered.

That post was actually made in 2020.
On 5/23/21. The things I am reading more recently are saying they decided to make a few modifications to make it smaller. Has anyone heard anything recently on the reconfiguration?
Only thing I saw was this article in Inside EVs dated Feb 11 2021 where Elon Musk said the truck would be a little smaller on the Joe Rogan podcast

"“That’s pretty much what it [the Cybertruck] will look like, with very small differences. You know, we adjusted the size a few percent. Like around 3% or smaller. You don’t want it to be a couple of inches too big for the tunnel,” said Musk.
Interestingly, last year Musk said 3 percent would be too small, guess he had a change of heart.

But just the other day July 2nd Musk tweeted :
"Friday afternoons are usually tesla deign studio time.
Cybertruck will be almost exactly what ws shown. We're adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns & maneuver with high agility.

Lot of great things coming"

So is it smaller? I wish they would release some final specs. Truck is supposedly to be delivered to some this year and we are already in month 7

Last edited:
Only thing I saw was this article in Inside EVs dated Feb 11 2021 where Elon Musk said the truck would be a little smaller on the Joe Rogan podcast

"“That’s pretty much what it [the Cybertruck] will look like, with very small differences. You know, we adjusted the size a few percent. Like around 3% or smaller. You don’t want it to be a couple of inches too big for the tunnel,” said Musk.
Interestingly, last year Musk said 3 percent would be too small, guess he had a change of heart.

But just the other day July 2nd Musk tweeted :
"Friday afternoons are usually tesla deign studio time.
Cybertruck will be almost exactly what ws shown. We're adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns & maneuver with high agility.

Lot of great things coming"

So is it smaller? I wish they would release some final specs. Truck is supposedly to be delivered to some this year and we are already in month 7
The Ct won’t be delivered this year. Look for it in 2023 if they can complete it and obtain all the approvals.