Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you don't complain too loudly for Tesla charging you each time you charge, then. Supercharger network isn't free. Part of its cost is embedded in each new Tesla's price. Other than that, have fun with your Ford. As I recall, Ford stands for Fix Or Repair Daily. They build cheap cars, which is the main reason people buy them. And Chrysler products are a few notches below that.
yup... that's *exactly* the reason why the F150 (average price well in the mid $40s) is the trusted truck and work horse across the country for decades now. Because it's *cheap* and unreliable ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Zer0t
I hope you don't complain too loudly for Tesla charging you each time you charge, then. Supercharger network isn't free. Part of its cost is embedded in each new Tesla's price. Other than that, have fun with your Ford. As I recall, Ford stands for Fix Or Repair Daily. They build cheap cars, which is the main reason people buy them. And Chrysler products are a few notches below that.

I own 7 fords. 5 of them have over 100,000 miles. They all run just fine. One had to have the transmission replaced within the first 1000 miles but other than that other that regular maintenance no major issues.

Reactions: Suns_PSD
Of course they're going to charge and probably at a differentiated rate for non-Tesla vehicles.

I don't understand why you feel Tesla is the only company that can manufacture cars when they have in fact proven their manufacturing process is their weak point. Ford has been making cars for a rally long time and, like all brands, have had their ups-and-downs. The same for GM and now Stallantis. What's your point? Every consumer should only buy Tesla?

Here's consumer reports pointing out the Model Y is among the least reliable cars, with Mercedes Benz GLE at that bottom btw:
10 Least Reliable Cars Consumer Reports

Here's JD Power saying Tesla finishes dead last in initial quality. Which is believable when you think about how prominent the pre-purchase inspection discussions are here.
2021 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS)

Yes, this is a Tesla fan site but trying to diminsh other brands doesn't improve Tesla, competition does and they're going to be facing quite a bit in the coming years.

Of course they're going to charge and probably at a differentiated rate for non-Tesla vehicles.

I don't understand why you feel Tesla is the only company that can manufacture cars when they have in fact proven their manufacturing process is their weak point. Ford has been making cars for a rally long time and, like all brands, have had their ups-and-downs. The same for GM and now Stallantis. What's your point? Every consumer should only buy Tesla?

Here's consumer reports pointing out the Model Y is among the least reliable cars, with Mercedes Benz GLE at that bottom btw:
10 Least Reliable Cars Consumer Reports

Here's JD Power saying Tesla finishes dead last in initial quality. Which is believable when you think about how prominent the pre-purchase inspection discussions are here.
2021 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS)

Yes, this is a Tesla fan site but trying to diminsh other brands doesn't improve Tesla, competition does and they're going to be facing quite a bit in the coming years.

How many Tesla have you seen broken down? I Tesla having a major issue seems to be rare.

How many Tesla have you seen broken down? I Tesla having a major issue seems to be rare.
Since I"m not aware of any official statistics--perhaps AAA--just google and you'll find plenty of stories. Moreover, what percentage of cars on the road are Tesla? Logically you would have to bet there are fewer Tesla's stuck just given one of the major benefits of an electric car is fewer moving parts. Since each part on a car probably has a measurable MTBF it's basica probablity less will break on an electric car. That will help understand why you see fewer stuck on the side of the road. Are you intimating that all other cars suck other than Tesla?

Needless to say Ben Baller wasn't thrilled.

Ben Baller Gets Trapped in His Tesla Months After Gifting Elon Musk a $40,000 USD Ring

I just find the whole I chose a Tesla cuz everthing else sucks an odd justification. Why not just say I bought one because I like it.

I will be picking up my 4th Tesla in the next few weeks. I really like them too but I recognize some of the issues. I also like many other vehicles as well. I htink I especally enjoy the F150 Lightning that I'm weeks away from taking delvery on .

Last edited:
All other EVs do suck though. 🤔 you keep posting reliability rankings as If they say something about the reliability of the car (they don’t) and then say well of course EVs break down less, they have less parts. Well duh, that’s part of the reason I chose an EV, a Tesla. They are more reliable.

Reactions: Ogre
I remember a handful of years ago how people on this site were happy to “push for EV” now that the competition has arrived every EV sucks except their Tesla 🤣
Still happy to push for EVs. But the evs available outside of Tesla are either 90K plus or are lack luster.

Once there is an in stock ev with 300+ range and autopilot features sub 35k real competition will have arrived.

An ev selling for 90k plus does nothing for EV adoption

Still happy to push for EVs. But the evs available outside of Tesla are either 90K plus or are lack luster.

Once there is an in stock ev with 300+ range and autopilot features sub 35k real competition will have arrived.

The BMW I4 is $90k and lack luster?

$45k+ does nothing for EV adoption neither, what happened to the $35k Tesla?

What exactly makes an EV “lackluster”? No fart sounds, or CEO who likes attention?

so Ioniq5 / R1T / F150 Lightning / BMW i4 / EQE (upcoming) and Cadillac Lyriq (upcoming) are all "lack luster" or above $90k (???). The only more common non Tesla EVs above $90k are the EQS (runs circles around the Model S in terms of comfort) and the Taycan which is in build quality / materials and charging speeds well above Model S as well ... there seems to be some very strong fanboy delusion completely ignoring all other offers.

Reactions: T3SLAROD

what Tesla offers 300+ miles of range and costs under $35k ? You could argue that a VW ID.4 for around $35k and incentives with 280 miles of range is a heck of a better deal than a Model Y with ~330 miles of range but for well over $60k ...

so Ioniq5 / R1T / F150 Lightning / BMW i4 / EQE (upcoming) and Cadillac Lyriq (upcoming) are all "lack luster" or above $90k (???). The only more common non Tesla EVs above $90k are the EQS (runs circles around the Model S in terms of comfort) and the Taycan which is in build quality / materials and charging speeds well above Model S as well ... there seems to be some very strong fanboy delusion completely ignoring all other offers.

Rivian is around 80K… same with the lightening. Not to mention you cant take delivery of either of them for a year… The 90k was just a number. So if we say above 70K i guess it changes things for you or no? I don’t count upcoming cars as competition because they aren’t delivered yet and might not ever be.

The ionic base version has 220 miles of range and no autopilot for 41000: At best it’s almost as good as a Tesla modal three. Almost.

Last edited:
Rivian is around 80K… same with the lightening. Not to mention you cant take delivery of either of them for a year… The 90k was just a number. So if we say above 70K i guess it changes things for you or no? I don’t count upcoming cars as competition because they aren’t delivered yet and might not ever be.

The ionic base version has 220 miles of range and no autopilot for 41000: At best it’s almost as good as a Tesla modal three. Almost.
My Lightning will be here in a few weeks. I ordered in May of last year, blend date was yesterday. I saw two Rivians last night around town. Lastly a standard rang Lightning is 39k before rebate. I believe dual motor is 5k more. That’s still cheaper than a single motor LR 3. Yes less range but it’s a utility truck and no one would expect range to be close for that money difference.

Yes there is a long wait for those trucks but they exist. Ford isn’t taking any new orders for a couple years to fulfill the back log. Rivian is a new manufacturer and going through growing pains like all new manufacturers do. It’s still not a dine deal they will survive but it isn’t for lack of demand.

Try to order a Tesla, other than a 3, and tell me the wait times. They also have high demand and component limitations.

All other EVs do suck though. 🤔 you keep posting reliability rankings as If they say something about the reliability of the car (they don’t) and then say well of course EVs break down less, they have less parts. Well duh, that’s part of the reason I chose an EV, a Tesla. They are more reliable.

Uh, reliability rankings do say something about the reliability of the car.

Not all EVs suck, that’s your opinion.

yup... that's *exactly* the reason why the F150 (average price well in the mid $40s) is the trusted truck and work horse across the country for decades now. Because it's *cheap* and unreliable ... :rolleyes:
Roblab throws the old adage “fix or repair daily”.

There’s another that says “first on race day”.

I’m no Ford fanboy but my 2019 Raptor and 2021 Bronco are amazing ICE cars. These are the first two fords I’ve ever owned.

I preordered every truck on launch day and I’m buying the Ford because it’s the 1st available. I’m glad the reviews are great. Given the announcement date I didn’t think it would be the first one. I have a fall 2023 date if I want a hummer and an open ended maybe in ever seeing a cyber truck.