Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Lightning will be here in a few weeks. I ordered in May of last year, blend date was yesterday. I saw two Rivians last night around town. Lastly a standard rang Lightning is 39k before rebate

Show me where you can make a reservation for a 40k ford and take delivery of it in the next 6 months.

Yes there is a long wait for those trucks but they exist. Ford isn’t taking any new orders for a couple years to fulfill the back log. Rivian is a new manufacturer and going through growing pains like all new manufacturers do. It’s still not a dine deal they will survive but it isn’t for lack of demand.

Could have just said maybe in the future their will be competition. Maybe in the future there will be. Doesn’t exist yet.

Certainly the revian is interesting. But you can’t buy one and even if you could it is 80k. Not exactly competing with Tesla for the mainstream car buyer who wants an EV.

Try to order a Tesla, other than a 3, and tell me the wait times. They also have high demand and component limitations.

About 6 months.

Rivian is around 80K… same with the lightening. Not to mention you cant take delivery of either of them for a year… The 90k was just a number. So if we say above 70K i guess it changes things for you or no? I don’t count upcoming cars as competition because they aren’t delivered yet and might not ever be.

The ionic base version has 220 miles of range and no autopilot for 41000: At best it’s almost as good as a Tesla modal three. Almost.

The Ford Lightning starts at $40k with a $52K and $60k model also available

But let’s keeps pretending only the Platinum trim exists.

Can’t take delivery for a year?

E820B903-4B17-4F72-90C7-D1F1D160CE40.jpeg

Show me where you can make a reservation for a 40k ford and take delivery of it in the next 6 months.

Could have just said maybe in the future their will be competition. Maybe in the future there will be. Doesn’t exist yet.

Certainly the revian is interesting. But you can’t buy one and even if you could it is 80k. Not exactly competing with Tesla for the mainstream car buyer who wants an EV.

About 6 months.

Let’s keep moving the goal post….. that’ll do it…… Ford should be more like Tesla and keep taking those $100 deposits because , at least their truck exists lol

Just because it’s sold out doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. People are taking deliveries on these now. Thus a 39k Lightning Pro SR exists. Those who were truly interested preordered just like Tesla new product launches.
About 6 months.
That’s optimistic other given the ranges up on the website.

what’s the wait for a light duty Tesla truck?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: AquaY
Let’s keep moving the goal post….. that’ll do it…… Ford should be more like Tesla and keep taking those $100 deposits because , at least their truck exists lol

Let’s move the goalposts js a common refrain, but you have to explain how I moved the goal posts. I don’t think lowering the threshold from 90 to 70k makes a big difference in how many people can afford the car. If you think it does I will concede your point. There are some interesting 70k cars available. Not that I could afford to buy one.

Just because it’s sold out doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. People are taking deliveries on these now. Thus a 39k Lightning Pro SR exists. Those who were truly interested preordered just like Tesla new product launches.

That’s optimistic other given the ranges up on the website.

what’s the wait for a light duty Tesla truck?

You can’t buy a truck from Tesla. We aren’t talking about whether or not other cars are decent. There are a lot of super expensive cars and trucks like the ford lightning they are interesting and worth a buy if you have the money. But they aren’t competing with Tesla and they aren’t helping make evs main stream.

Thank you. I was also reading on the Starlink service equipment being provided but having to pay a monthly fee?. Not thrilled to pay for two different internet services. Do you know how this process works?. Thanks.

I think you have to pay for the star link equipment and pay a monthly fee, but I am not sure what you mean by two different internet services. Presumably the cube truck will use the lte/5g networks like Telsa does now. You’ll only need starlink if you want to use it as an isp like Verizon or Comcast…

I think you have to pay for the star link equipment and pay a monthly fee, but I am not sure what you mean by two different internet services. Presumably the cube truck will use the lte/5g networks like Telsa does now. You’ll only need starlink if you want to use it as an isp like Verizon or Comcast…
I read it comes with equipment but does not mention a monthly fee. I was talking about myself when I say two different internet providers as we currently pay for spectrum internet.

Thank you. I was also reading on the Starlink service equipment being provided but having to pay a monthly fee?. Not thrilled to pay for two different internet services. Do you know how this process works?. Thanks.
That’s for home internet. A friend of mine has had success in rural Vermont where he had DSL, low speed and expensive.

it has nothing to do with Tesla ownership.

Is spectrum satellite? I thought he was switching satellite providers. Looks like you can stream shows though.
Spectrum is a cable-TV/Internet Provider. You can definitely stream shows with Starlink, however, my understanding is that it operates in the Ku frequency band which is extremely high frequency that is badly attenuated (impaired) by heavy rain (think Florida gully-washer).

Spectrum is a cable-TV/Internet Provider. You can definitely stream shows with Starlink, however, my understanding is that it operates in the Ku frequency band which is extremely high frequency that is badly attenuated (impaired) by heavy rain (think Florida gully-washer).
I think that is a limitation of all satellite….