Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CYBRTRK and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey CYBRTRKers,

What if the surprise for theCYBRTRK Event is a second pickup for the mass market? Elon could have us all focusing on the CYBRTRK just to pull out smaller pickup to compete with the Ford Ranger?

takemymoney.jpg

What if the surprise with the pickup is actually the announcement and display of Plaid S & X with battery, range, and interior updates to match whatever the pickup interior looks like. I could see availability of the truck and those interior/battery updates coming sooner than most are expecting as well as part of the "surprise".

Last edited:
Reactions: CjRichMar
Oh good lord, whenever someone posts another prediction, twist, surprise or 'one more thing', I'm just like :rolleyes:.

Hey CYBRTRKers,
What if the surprise for theCYBRTRK Event is a second pickup for the mass market? Elon could have us all focusing on the CYBRTRK just to pull out smaller pickup to compete with the Ford Ranger?

But now this idea!?! Hell yeah, that would be an amazing turn of events and a TSLA short killer for sure.

Actually, I take that back unless they also announce they're tripling the customer service budget and plan to add 2x the actual human beings to the current # of customer service employees. Temporary moment if insanity but I'm back down to earth now where the reality is that customer service through Tesla is impossible to get.

Makes me wonder what the Ford BEV Ranger Raptor will look like.

Reactions: Jabbahop
Hey CYBRTRKers,

As a longtime Tesla customer, I think this would be a horrible idea. Tesla still has to build production capability for Y (will use the same line as 3 most likely so easier one there), Roadster, Semi, and Cybertruck. You want to add another model? People have been frustrated by the delays of every Tesla model. Adding on to the end just makes it worse.

Hey CYBRTRKers,

While I'd love to see a small truck like the old Ranger or even smaller (think Chevy Tornado), a van based on the cybertruck's body shouldn't be too hard and could be great for camping and traveling.

As a longtime Tesla customer, I think this would be a horrible idea. Tesla still has to build production capability for Y (will use the same line as 3 most likely so easier one there), Roadster, Semi, and Cybertruck. You want to add another model? People have been frustrated by the delays of every Tesla model. Adding on to the end just makes it worse.

Yea, the "Surprise - one more thing" that I'd like is the announcement that model Y mass production has begun and that if you ordered on day 1 you'll get your car this year.

Actually, it probably wouldn't be a whole new line as they've committed to building out a new pickup truck line of some sort already anyway. If they built a semi-based pickup they could build that on the same line since the semi is relatively lower production starting out. They could feasibly build both on the same line and change out one small-ish aspect of the build potentially.

I actually like the idea of having the massive semi-based pickup that would make early teases by Elon himself saying you could fit a Ford F-150 in the back. This could be a high-margin vehicle for those who love gigantic vehicles that would help to pad profits using mostly parts they've got to build anyway with the addition a of a truck box. Then, they could have the new mid-size truck (the actual new vehicle from the ground up) in the bed and lift it out like he teased years ago.

I'm not saying any of this will w/o a doubt happen, I'm saying that it is actually possible and would be crazy if it did.

I think the surprise (if any) will be a full sized SUV based on the Cybertruck frame. Like the Rivian R1T truck to the R1S SUV. The Cybertruck SUV would round out Tesla's lineup well.

Model 3 = compact sedan
Model S = mid-sized sedan
Model Y = compact CUV
Model X = mid-sized SUV/CUV
Cyber SUV = full-sized SUV
Cyber Truck = full-sized truck

The cybertruck is likely a "body on frame" design with a variety of uses: mini-van, extended bed utility truck, autonomous bus/train for the Boring Co., etc. Lines up well will Tesla's Master Plan Part Deux: "Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments"

I think if we see anything more than the truck tonight it will be a concept van and/or large SUV built on the same platform. Although I kinda doubt it. Those extensions to the Cybrtrk platform will no doubt be a thing, but are probably not even at the concept build stage. They may show off the Roadster or Semi again, maybe with updates. ...Just spitballing here killing time for the next 4 hours until the show starts.

So I know this look is created because of a vinyl wrap but what Elon could have the sides that are wrapped tuck into the body. This would allow people to sideload the truck. Also, you would have to force the vault cover to unravel at whatever position the sides are at.

display