Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybrtrk RN #

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the Model 3 reservation system first came out they did a chronological number but discovered quickly that everybody was tracking their number and then they changed the reservation numbers to be masked in someway and I imagine the cyber truck is also that way

I think we need more data to see if they've switched to mask the chronological RNs. All other orders on this thread seem to point towards chronological ordering. I suppose they could be setting aside a certain number of VINs per trim level and doing chronological by that now.

I spoke with customer service as I didn’t get the loading page for reference number on second one and the guy said ignore the numbers as when you get your chance to build the vehicle you can adjust it to what ever model you want. As an example if you ordered a 2wd but wanted a 4wd you will still get that allocated spot.

Reactions: jebinc
I spoke with customer service as I didn’t get the loading page for reference number on second one and the guy said ignore the numbers as when you get your chance to build the vehicle you can adjust it to what ever model you want. As an example if you ordered a 2wd but wanted a 4wd you will still get that allocated spot.

Sounds pretty much like how they’ve done past new releases. Reservation by earliest date/time group gets invite to place order and configure, then next group in line. Do wonder if they will first extend to employees, then current/past Tesla owners, early reservation holders, then general public as in the past. Would assume so. That current/past owners group has grown an awful lot since we ordered our MS in 2017 and Model 3 in 2018.

Last edited: