Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybrtrk RN #

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
23FCE872-CCB7-4758-BACD-19E0BB2E7861.jpeg

Didn’t want it at first but after more images and video came out it looks way cooler than how Elon Musk presented it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sunshine State
Placed two orders as I could not deiced between the dual and tri motor options. 500 miles of range on a massive powerful truck is pretty nuts.

RN1128944xx -- 2:17AM PT
RN1129154xx -- 10:53AM PT

~21080 orders in about 8.5 hours over night. Not to shabby of an order rate of ~2500 per hour two days after orders opened up. I'm seriously considering placing an order for 10 of the base model so I can start a robo tax service. The ability to lock in pricing for FSD and the Truck today for 2022/2023 when the FSD tech should be ready for game time is very tempting for only $1k.

Cash flow analysis would suggest that 10 trucks for 470k could generate $7k in cash flow per week or $364k gross revenue per year.
= (200 Productive Miles per Day per vehicle * 7 Days * 50 cents per mile of revenue)

Cybertruck with stainless steel body, metal glass, roomy interior for 6, unlimited luggage storage sure seems like the perfect robo taxi platform.

$100 for a reservation is more like Tesla is testing the waters..Isn't Rivian wanting 1k? Granted its refundable, but clearly Tesla is looking for sheer numbers to show demand, not actual buyers. When i told people at my work I reserved a Cybertruck, they didn't get the minimal commitment I gave, only that I reserved one which in their mind meant I bought one.

The $100 reservation is purely for the Q4 earning report. I’m willing to bet (literally) they will announce X amount of truck preorders and 100k+ cars delivered Q4.

If the cost to preorder a truck was $2,500 there would be a SIGNIFICANT lower amount of preorders, but the buy rate would be much higher during the actual launch. What they get from this is a mass survey of what configurations consumers want. So when people inevitably opt out of purchasing they already have a vehicle built that statistically someone else would want.

Unfortunately the stock market is qtr to qtr focused, not long term. Some businesses make decisions based on this reality, this $100 preorder decision is one of them.

Are the reservation numbers generated stay consistent with the particular model or would people placing orders for the S/X/3 have RNs generated in the same sequence? Ordered my Tri-Motor FSD Cybertruk yesterday(Friday) around 1pm CST and have RN #112855xxx. Also wondering if Tri-Motors are given higher RNs since they are being produced later??

The $100 reservation is purely for the Q4 earning report. I’m willing to bet (literally) they will announce X amount of truck preorders and 100k+ cars delivered Q4.

If the cost to preorder a truck was $2,500 there would be a SIGNIFICANT lower amount of preorders, but the buy rate would be much higher during the actual launch. What they get from this is a mass survey of what configurations consumers want. So when people inevitably opt out of purchasing they already have a vehicle built that statistically someone else would want.

Unfortunately the stock market is qtr to qtr focused, not long term. Some businesses make decisions based on this reality, this $100 preorder decision is one of them.

Certainly agree. It's so they can put their order numbers up against Rivian and Ford F150e, and bump up the stock price. That being said, I'm still happy I have one of the first thousand order numbers, as the wait for the truck will be similar to the 3 and X where it took a year or more to really ramp up and fill the demand.

Wx
Are the reservation numbers generated stay consistent with the particular model or would people placing orders for the S/X/3 have RNs generated in the same sequence? Ordered my Tri-Motor FSD Cybertruk yesterday(Friday) around 1pm CST and have RN #112855xxx. Also wondering if Tri-Motors are given higher RNs since they are being produced later??
Exactly what I was thinking and believe is true. The order numbers are not model unique.