Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybrtrk RN #

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered one of each with FSD. Not sure which one I’ll order, but leaning towards tri-motor.

Attachments

• D76EA2F8-FC6B-4FEC-8F32-D43744272B28.jpeg
    D76EA2F8-FC6B-4FEC-8F32-D43744272B28.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 147
You guys should not publish your complete RN numbers since TSLA uses them in part to identify you. It is not hard using social media forensic techniques for a bad actor to figure out who somebody is and then screw with your order (like cancel it).
I thought about it before posting my full number. I disagree with your whole premise.

If someone breaks into Tesla's database, they can erase all orders. Why pick on mine?

And if there were a data breach, Tesla would make an attempt to re-enable any canceled reservations on request.

I just can't see how anyone but Tesla can do anything with this number.

Also. my Tesla account, and thus my reservation, is password protected. I'm simply not worried.

I thought about it before posting my full number. I disagree with your whole premise.

If someone breaks into Tesla's database, they can erase all orders. Why pick on mine?

And if there were a data breach, Tesla would make an attempt to re-enable any canceled reservations on request.

I just can't see how anyone but Tesla can do anything with this number.

Also. my Tesla account, and thus my reservation, is password protected. I'm simply not worried.

My premise has nothing to do with a hack into Tesla's database.

If a bad actor (like a desperate $TSLAQ short LMFAO most are pathetic especially on SeekingAlpha :rolleyes:) called Tesla on the phone and gave someone's RN number asking to cancel their reservation, I wonder what other data items Tesla would ask for to verify their identity? The risk is that those items can be collected via social media forensics. Tesla is *not* going to ask for an account password since that is hashed so they don't have it.

RN11024xxxx is my Model Y pre-order and
RN11310xxxx is my Cybertruck reservation.

My premise has nothing to do with a hack into Tesla's database.

If a bad actor (like a desperate $TSLAQ short LMFAO most are pathetic especially on SeekingAlpha :rolleyes:) called Tesla on the phone and gave someone's RN number asking to cancel their reservation, I wonder what other data items Tesla would ask for to verify their identity? The risk is that those items can be collected via social media forensics. Tesla is *not* going to ask for an account password since that is hashed so they don't have it.

RN11024xxxx is my Model Y pre-order and
RN11310xxxx is my Cybertruck reservation.

I thought you had to login to your account to cancel your reservation. I don’t think you can phone in to cancel.