Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cycling through radio presets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When cycling through radio station presets using the thumb wheel, either forwards or backwards, cycling past the last preset will switch audio sources. So the radio will stop and the audio will switch to another audio source. In the old Tesla UI, it was possible to prevent this from happening by simply removing some audio sources from the list of available sources. The new Tesla UI seems to have eliminated the ability to remove input sources, so it's no longer possible to prevent this annoying behavior.

What's the most frustrating is that because I don't subscribe to premium connectivity, cycling off the end of the radio presets lands the audio in a sort of sandbox... The audio switches to a source that displays an error (no premium connectivity), and once this happens there is no way to get back to the radio without using the LCD panel.

Anyone know a way around this, so I can safely cycle through radio presets without worrying that I'll "fall off the end?"

I'm hitting this problem too. I'm going to contact Tesla about it on Monday.

With this bug, the radio is basically broken, you move past your last favorite radio station and the audio stops and you get the message about premium connectivity expired. Instead it should just go back to the beginning of the favorite last list every car in existence ever.

Same problem reported here.

Upvote 0
I’m having the same frustrating problem as well. In addition, I can’t arrange the stations in the order I want them which I could do before. Also, none of my HD stations show their logo anymore. Just a black square next to each station.

Why would they mess with the audio functions in an update? It’s beginning to remind me of MS Windows updates. Ugh!

Upvote 0
Same problems here. Anyone come up with a solution or workaround?

When I cycle through and get to the end of my radio presets it then cycles through XM satellite but will never cycle back to radio.
My work around has been to hold the scroll wheel left or right for about a second which seems to force it backwards to the previous station/source. I can’t imagine that’s good for the scroll wheel, but it works.

Upvote 0
Same problems here. Anyone come up with a solution or workaround?

When I cycle through and get to the end of my radio presets it then cycles through XM satellite but will never cycle back to radio.
As a workaround, in one of the new firmware versions, they added back the option to turn off some of the entertainment sources such as Caraoke, Spotify, etc. The problem goes away for me when I turn off the ones I don't use. Telsa service told me this is a known firmware bug and the fix is not available yet.

It's not a great workaround and I had to play with disabling different sources before it worked.

Upvote 0
It appears even worse in the 2011.16 releases. Left thumb wheel now ONLY goes to Spotify, and will not select the next/previous favorite radio station for me at this point. SO FRUSTRATING!

Thoughts?
I'm having the same problem. It is so annoying and a safety issue since I now have to take my eyes off the road to select my radio station. How do we report this issue to Tesla?

Upvote 1
2019 Model 3 just updated to 2022.16.2 in hopes of fixing the dashcam USB not working error. I have same problem as noted above. The left thumb wheel no longer selects the next/previous favorite radio station. Instead, appears to change the source and renders an error message that premium connectivity has expired. Opened a service request.

Upvote 0
  • Funny
Reactions: RNHurt
Upvote 0