Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

D.A.S Module Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I brought our Dec 2017 Model X into the Service Center for a 25,000 mile checkup yesterday - alignment, HEPA filter. We also had some false positives coming from the front right ultrasonic sensors and degraded blind spot warnings that we wanted the technicians to check into. Our service rep said the false positives were coming from a faulty Driver Assist System Module (D.A.S. Module). I figured I could run quick search online to find out more about this D.A.S Module but I was surprised to find nothing on TMC or Google. Is the D.A.S. Module the same as the Autopilot? Subset of the Autopilot? Today, the technicians replaced the D.A.S. Module but could not get the system to take the latest firmware update. I received the failed software installation messages on my phone while they were working on it. They still cant figure out why the new D.A.S. wont take the firmware update and the car will spend another day at the Service Center. Anyone with insight or previous experience with this problem? Thanks in advance.

I brought our Dec 2017 Model X into the Service Center for a 25,000 mile checkup yesterday - alignment, HEPA filter. We also had some false positives coming from the front right ultrasonic sensors and degraded blind spot warnings that we wanted the technicians to check into. Our service rep said the false positives were coming from a faulty Driver Assist System Module (D.A.S. Module). I figured I could run quick search online to find out more about this D.A.S Module but I was surprised to find nothing on TMC or Google. Is the D.A.S. Module the same as the Autopilot? Subset of the Autopilot? Today, the technicians replaced the D.A.S. Module but could not get the system to take the latest firmware update. I received the failed software installation messages on my phone while they were working on it. They still cant figure out why the new D.A.S. wont take the firmware update and the car will spend another day at the Service Center. Anyone with insight or previous experience with this problem? Thanks in advance.
I have a 2020 Model 3 that the rear camera stopped working, is completely black which makes Autopilot and cruise control completely inadequate. Have entered service mode on touch screen and pressed "Reset DAS". helps for a second, but after a few minutes the camera is black again and gets a Service Alert that says the following (The rear view (backup) camera stream to the Autopilot electronic control unit (ECU) exits or
is interrupted, which may prevent the rear view camera feed from being shown on the
vehicle touchscreen.) Can't find anything about this anywhere. what do I do? Tried calling tesla but they didn't answer on Friday and now closed for the weekend. Do you know what a new DAS module will cost me? the car has no warrany for problem like this. I have absolutely no idea and need help.

I have a 2020 Model 3 that the rear camera stopped working, is completely black which makes Autopilot and cruise control completely inadequate. Have entered service mode on touch screen and pressed "Reset DAS". helps for a second, but after a few minutes the camera is black again and gets a Service Alert that says the following (The rear view (backup) camera stream to the Autopilot electronic control unit (ECU) exits or
is interrupted, which may prevent the rear view camera feed from being shown on the
vehicle touchscreen.) Can't find anything about this anywhere. what do I do? Tried calling tesla but they didn't answer on Friday and now closed for the weekend. Do you know what a new DAS module will cost me? the car has no warrany for problem like this. I have absolutely no idea and need help.
Hello,

I’m getting the same Service alert sometimes, and when that happens AP is not available, for the rest of the time it works fine.
SC send me a quote for 2.500€ to change ECU and rear camera. I’m going to reject it, as the camera works in Reverse and the failure is intermittent.

On the other hand, the whole system is laggy for the last two months, maps, connectivity, voice commands… So I would say the problem is related to firmware or MCU. By the way, the car was retrofitted with MCU2 long ago, but now it feels like it was back to MCU1 again.

Did you fix your problem?