Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

D-day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No more than that. Didn't seem massively busy so had plenty of time to inspect the car and get talked through the basic function. Sat on supercharger for twenty mins as i had 180 miles. All in all just fineView attachment 438877 View attachment 438879

Needs a sw update which I will do tonight.

Thanks for posting. Looks great. I’m loving the look of the red M3 with Aeros in those pics as that’s exactly what I’m impatiently waiting for :cool:

Reactions: Roy W. and dst87
Looks good! I hope you're planning partial PPF. The 3's don't have the plastic rocker panel molding that S's and X's have, and Tesla gives black cars one less coat of paint than other colors, so a black 3 is the combination most susceptible to paint damage.

I am. I am thinking the nose upto the panel gaps and the rocker panels/bottom of the doors upto the crease

Looks amazing with all the red and black 3s. All with frunk open almost as if there was an engine to inspect ! No word out there on the Edinburgh deliveries yet ? I'll be bashing straight up to Glenshee, back road to Aviemore when my car comes in. I have heard that route is sublime in a Model 3.

M3 P+ FSD Black VIN: 5YJ3F7EB2KF4391** Somewhere in transit.

Reactions: dst87
Looks amazing with all the red and black 3s. All with frunk open almost as if there was an engine to inspect ! No word out there on the Edinburgh deliveries yet ? I'll be bashing straight up to Glenshee, back road to Aviemore when my car comes in. I have heard that route is sublime in a Model 3.

M3 P+ FSD Black VIN: 5YJ3F7EB2KF4391** Somewhere in transit.

I saw that someone on Twitter has an Edinburgh collection on Friday, but that’s the earliest I’ve seen so far.

I don’t have a date yet! Still crossing my fingers for an unexpected “Can you come today?” call. (Spoiler: the answer is yes!)

Extremely jealous / excited for you all picking up your cars today!

Also, both the blue and the red look awesome. I'm starting to regret my 'standard' black purchase now :)

Hi Pistons Dead. Loved your Zero SR/F review. I am afraid after ordering the Model 3 performance I could only afford/justify ? The SuperSoco TC Max. Totally agree with the smile/bliss/fun factor of an electric motorbike on country roads. One of the best experiences, even with a 3-5 Kw engine !

Haven't heard from Curmudgeon. Did you make it over?
Do the wipers work OK? (Very important in NI !!)

What a day. Firstly, Heathrow by 12:30 was busy but not chaotic thanks to the number of Tesla staff on hand to respond to customers. They have clearly recruited up to handover a lot of cars. The handover is targeted at being a 15 minute event. A quick run through of getting the car set up with driving position and basic controls. My handover guy was very professional and courteous but the principle is, take the car now, inspect it over the next couple of days and report any issues and they will be fixed. While maybe unconventional, I'm actually ok with that.

I inspected my car in the car park and the main stuff looks good like panel gaps and interior but I noticed a couple of small scratches in the bonnet near the windscreem so reported this. Only about 4 cm long and only topcoat so almost certainly will be polished out. It is already scheduled for an SC visit in a few weeks.

One thing I noticed when I got the car, is the number plates don't sit that well in the holders so were sticking out at one end, which, for someone as curmodgeonly as me, is a big deal. You may notice this when you collect.

Otherwise the car is pretty awesome.

When I was in Wales later this afternoon I tried to rapid charge with Polar CCS connectors without success. The type 2 was ok so not an account issue. I would be interested to know if anyone else has problems charging M3 with Polar CCS.

Spot the difference:

IMG_20190807_121102.jpg

IMG_20190807_160957.jpg

Last edited:
What a day. Firstly, Heathrow by 12:30 was busy but not chaotic thanks to the number of Tesla staff on hand to respond to customers. They have clearly recruited up to handover a lot of cars. The handover is targeted at being a 15 minute event. A quick run through of getting the car set up with driving position and basic controls. My handover guy was very professional and courteous but the principle is, take the car now, inspect it over the next couple of days and report any issues and they will be fixed. While maybe unconventional, I'm actually ok with that.

I inspected my car in the car park and the main stuff looks good like panel gaps and interior but I noticed a couple of small scratches in the bonnet near the windscreem so reported this. Only about 4 cm long and only topcoat so almost certainly will be polished out. It is already scheduled for an SC visit in a few weeks.

One thing I noticed when I got the car, is the number plates don't sit that well in the holders so were sticking out at one end, which, for someone as curmodgeonly as me, is a big deal. You may notice this when you collect.

Otherwise the car is pretty awesome.

When I was in Wales later this afternoon I tried to rapid charge with Polar CCS connectors without success. The type 2 was ok so not an account issue. I would be interested to know if anyone else has problems charging M3 with Polar CCS.

Spot the difference:

View attachment 439031

View attachment 439032

Best wishes with the car!

Can you advise on the process of getting the NI plates sorted? I will be picking up from Edinburgh and then Getting ferry back to Belfast so keen to know what this process is.