Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

D/FW Sales info needed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I am in the D/FW area (Arlington) and my lease is up on my ICE vehicle (2017 Dodge Charger R/T) this month (July) and I have already made my last payment!

I want to get a Tesla as my next vehicle, but had a couple of questions in regards to sales here in Texas!
I know they have galleries in the area, however with the current situation, they cannot sell vehicles there, so would have to order online, correct?

Since Texas cannot sell Teslas, what all will I be responsible for paying after the fact, since I can't roll all of the purchase price/taxes/registration into financing through Tesla? I heard once I get the vehicle, will need to go pay for taxes, registration, correct?

What if I get my own financing? Does that change anything?

You can view and test drive the car at their showroom, but to order you have to do it online (I went to the Southlake showroom and ordered it online on their computer after test driving one.)

I went with 3rd party financing and I was able to roll everything into the loan. You'll get a "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" document that lists the entire cost (including registration fees and taxes) that will help you ballpark what you need.

Reactions: RScottyL
I ordered my Model 3 online in Sep 2018. I ordered my Wife a Y on my phone in Jun 2020.
You will have to wait until a car is built (Y) unless one is already built. Then send proof of Ins once you have a VIN and set up payment.
Once you get your car you'll have to register it with whichever county. I'll try to do that online with the Y. I just got a VIN today. It's pretty straightforward.

Thanks for the update! So, it looks like I will turn in my lease in a couple of days, then not get another car since we are all working from home for a bit, but hopefully after the first of the year have the money saved up from my car payment and insurance savings on the car I am turning in!