Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

D impact on 0-60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread us very similar to another thread where I posted the 0-60 estimate based on what's been already said. Elon said base model 3 will do 0-100 kph under 6 (it son the website too) . 0-100 takes 0.2 sec longer than 0-60 mph. If 0-100 turns out to be 5.9 0-100 kph, 0-60 will at least be 5.7 or 5.8..hopefully everything else is pure guess at this moment but dual motor and larger battery should bring 0-60 about one second if not more..

That's really crap if they purposely make the lighter Model 3 slower than the heavier Model S.

Consider the P90DL Model S is faster than the Roadster ever was... point being Tesla is not afraid of making a new model faster than an old one.
I agree Tesla's goal isn't to make the newer vehicles intentionally slower to make the older Gen vehicle shine. It's a new generation vehicle after all. That being said, I'm not sure if Tesla can achieve quicker 0-60 time while achieving the goal of saving quite a bit of money. Still, they will not hold anything back and make the best vehicle for the price

Reactions: Booga