Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Da Loaner loaner car and service experience

woodychau

Mar 28, 2021
Vancouver Canada
Had my 2016 CPO X for less than 3 weeks and had an "restrain system" error. Brought my car in for a check and got a 2016 90D for loaner.

My car had the MCU2 update as well as the FWD switch changed to the latest style and OMG now that i know how MCU 1 preform and how bad the original FWD design was i am glad that my X came with all the upgrade.

My x when start all screen come up instantly whereas the MCU 1 needs to wait 5-10 second, and one time had a message saying "please press 30 second on the brake to power on the car...

My wife had no clue how to use the FWD switch and couldnt open the door the first time.

If anyone looking to buy a used early X, do put the MCU2 and the FWD switch a must.

One more noted the loaner have premium sound and it SOUND MUCH BETTER. Althought i cant say if it worth the four figure price upgrade.

My car suppose to come with one year warranty but for some reason the service advisor told me that if they cant find the error they will have to charge me $175 (cad) / hour for diagnostic cost... i had to agree althought when i submit the issue on tesla app, it said it will be free. The service advisor said it is normal even for brand new cars.. oh well.

Reactions: HovFTW

Harvey Danger

Mar 2, 2021
The Pacific Northwest
wait, "restraint system error"? Same as this one?
I'll be very curious to hear what the service center says about this. I'm hoping on my car it will go away by itself. Indeed it may have gone away already: I haven't seen it since 2021.4.15, which admittedly hasn't been a very long time, but in any event didn't require a visit to a service center?

totally agree on MCU2 by the way. so much better.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC