Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DA told me that no charging adapters are included with purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My San Diego delivery assistant told me that no 14-50 or J1772 adapters are included with my LR RWD purchase. Everything I've read before and then today, after she stated that says they are supposed to be included along with floor mats, etc. So what's the word?

Is this a newly built LR and not earlier '19 or late '18?

I did hear that they are discontinuing the 14-50 as standard (this was mentioned by some online sources somewhere within the last month), but this is the first I've heard any mention of J1772 or floor mats.

I ask what the build date was because I just took delivery of a '18 Mid Range inventory vehicle, and the delivery/service center had it configured without floor mats. I pointed this out and my delivery guy acknowledged it, saying it was just a mistake b/c he assumed it was a SR+. He went back and pulled out a pack of floor mats and installed them. I also specifically asked about the 14-50 adapter, and we did confirm my car came with it (as it should have, it was built in '18 when it was standard). He confirmed Tesla is (or is planning to) discontinue including them, but this particular service center was making sure to include them from their own inventory, when possible, for the time being.

So there may be some truth to what your assistant said, but I wouldn't believe all of it. Floor mats should def. be included. Haven't heard anything about the J1772 being discontinued.

I just took delivery of a demo 2018 M3 yesterday and same issue here. No mats or 14-50 charger. My delivery experience left much to be desired. Should a car with a 2018 born date have these items? Are they taking then out now?

If you are nice to your delivery advisor they do have some flexibility to throw things in that are not normally included, like the 14-50 and J1772 adapter. We had to ask for them but they did pull them out of spare inventory on both of our cars. If you don’t ask you won’t get them.

LR models all include floor mats.

SR/SR+ models do not include floor mats.

To confirm, does the SR+ not come with J1772 adapter? That is surprising to hear. Plus, the website still says "This adapter comes standard with every Tesla vehicle" in the Tesla shop.

SAE J1772 Charging Adapter

That was the exact argument we used to convince them to give us one. It appears that someone on the delivery side of the business decided to stop including the adapter but forgot to tell the web administrator to remove that language from the product description. Just another day in Teslaville.

That was the exact argument we used to convince them to give us one. It appears that someone on the delivery side of the business decided to stop including the adapter but forgot to tell the web administrator to remove that language from the product description. Just another day in Teslaville.

Which M3 do you have and when did you take delivery?

(2) LR RWD

First one delivered December 2018, second one March 2019. The December one did not include the J1772 adapter but the March delivery did include it. Both units came with a full set of charging adapters including the 14-50 which we never use since we have the wall connector but it’s nice to know it’s there.

They did give us the J1772 after we complained that the website states it’s included with every vehicle.

Took delivery of an SR+ on 5/18. Included the NEMA 14-50 and J1772 adapters, no floor mats as expected. I think I may have made the cutoff before they stopped in including Nema 14-50 adapter. What is worse then when you need to go buy the adapter they are all sold out online. Furthermore, when you are used to ordering online with Amazon and stuff shows up in a day or two it makes it hard to deal with the online experience with the Tesla shop. Ground only, no tracking numbers most of the time unless you email and ask for one. They should outsource the online business to someone who can run it better.

Took delivery of a LR RWD yesterday and was happy to see they still included the 14-50 and cables for cell phones, not that i will use the phone cables (already added a NOmad wireless charger) but nice to see. now i have an extra! not all bad.

Well, took delivery today. The sticker for my LR RWD states "120 volt and J1772 charging adapters" under the "Technical" section. So by law anything on the sticker must be included with the sale.

When filling out the paperwork, I saw the item on the sticker and said something to the effect " ah, the charge adapters are on the sticker...". I hadn't mentioned anything as yet as I wanted to see what was in the car. The DA (not sure if it was the same person I spoke with previously) stated that "that is a mistake, they are not included anymore...". I asked when that change was made and she stated April 1st (2019). But she went on to say that she'll check the car when going over it with me and "...maybe I'll get lucky..."

And I did. The 110v charger bag contained both the J1772 and 14-50 adapters. I'll probably go ahead and buy another J1772, but it's nice to have what I expected when I purchased it originally.

They only forgot to put in the frunk mat. Only issue found, unfortunately, I didn't notice till I got home.