Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DAB is here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DAB is here. I know some people were desperate for it and it's now here in 2020.8.1
mRVO6Zs.jpg

Works well, its under Radio > Stations tab. It's not in a seperate section.
It'll say DAB in the top left of the card when it's in use

Woo hoo! I can finally have my Coles Radio! :p

I really hated the lag streaming ABC Sydney via TuneIn (very slow to start up, and delayed nearly a minute from live!), as well as the occasional blip where audio would get sliced out due to imperfect streaming and buffering. It was always much softer too, switching over to FM gave me a “blast” in more ways than one.

Reactions: DrHoon
Mainly for Apple Music. I guess I can consider switching to Spotify.

There's no reason Apple and Tesla couldn't do a deal to have Apple Music directly enabled in the Tesla OS. This has already been done with Amazon Echo and the Sonos system and more broadly AppleTV on Samsung/Sony TVs directly etc.

I used to think that CarPlay was amazing. Quite frankly its not and that is because its designed to run a 4" ICE vehicle's display. Tesla should double down on the ecosystem differentiation and force the hand of larger subscription services (much like they have already done with Netflix, Youtube) to implement support for the streaming services directly.

There's no reason Apple and Tesla couldn't do a deal to have Apple Music directly enabled in the Tesla OS
Of course they could, but it seems that Tesla prefers Spotify for whatever reason.

I don’t need CarPlay, I just want to be able to operate Apple Music from the screen. If Tesla has Apple Music on the screen that’s better than having CarPlay.
And I would like to have DAB+.

Of course they could, but it seems that Tesla prefers Spotify for whatever reason.

I don’t need CarPlay, I just want to be able to operate Apple Music from the screen. If Tesla has Apple Music on the screen that’s better than having CarPlay.
And I would like to have DAB+.
Likely because they want to remain mobile OS agnostic and not have Apple Music there for us Google/ Android users who would never touch it.

Reactions: Techno-phile
Does anyone with a Model S had DAB+ working?
I cannot see it on my 2018 MS 75D - and really actually need it as LTE drops out for me all the time around the foothills.

DAB+ requires the radio hardware to support it. It can’t just be done in software. So it looks like Model 3 had the DAB+ radio hardware installed, but for reasons only known by Tesla, they had not written the GUI software and backend to activate it until now.

Given that, I suspect any Model S/X built before mid last year does not have DAB+ radio hardware in their car and no software update will ever bring it to you. It’s not even certain S/X built for our market now would have it, although it would seem a very bizarre omission in such an expensive car if that’s the case. We need a recent S/X purchaser with 2020.8.1 to confirm one way or the other.

Reactions: Techno-phile