Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daft Question (Maybe)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else receive a text from a standard U.K. mobile claiming to be Tesla requesting the RN number.

Whilst I’m sure it can’t be used for anything and maybe it’s all the cyber training I’ve been doing at work but, I had a second thought about sending it over.

cheers

I too leased through Zen (who’ve been great mind)

I got a text telling me to call a certain number to arrange delivery date etc, so I don’t think uncommon to get these texts?

Know what you mean though, I was a little off put and cautious but yes, was all above board.

Sorry for sliding OT but it sort of reminds me of when a company calls me (it happens with my insurance broker) and then asks me several security questions to confirm my identity — I always say, but you called me!
Had one of these a couple of weeks ago - refused to provide the security information they were asking for as I was nearly scammed in 2012 so as a matter of course will never divulge to someone calling me no matter who they claim to be. I ask for it to be put in writing.

In this instance I never heard back from the genuine company.