Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily Fail puts on non FUD Model X story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its near where I live, Surrey, lots of Model X around....

Another bit of detail is that one of them was on AP, the other was not, on both AEB worked. So you don't need to have AP on for it to keep monitoring you and using the safety features.

Mirror mentions AP and goes into lots of detail ... local rag says AEB, which seems more likely. Is AP actually going to detect something falling from above? AEB active either way of course ... I wonder how likely that stretch of road is for people to be using AP ...a nd either way if the car was a further 6' up the road neither AP nor AEB would have prevented the tree landing on the roof :(

Based on local rag photo I reckon it is here on StreetView If so it was definitely a big tree!

Wonder if Gary the land owner has to foot any of the bill .... apart from rebuilding their wall. Doesn't look like he's short on cash with a tennis court in the garden, but nice of him to lend a car. Had it been a fatality it would be a dreadful burden to bear.
At first I just thought the car had somewhat "failed to stop" completely and hit a tree on the road, all being without anyone getting injured. Having read the article it's clear the tree really did fall onto one of the cars that had detected it and was braking, so it's amazing no-one was killed.