Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily reset/shutdown of my Powerwall+ and/or Inverter after coolant top-off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
question -- how are folks logging into the system outside the regular mobile app? from these discussions, looks like there's some sort of web portal I can use to access the system with customer vs. installer modes but I don't even know what that is or how to access.

You can do this from a web broswer... phone or laptop.

1) find out the Lan IP address for your PW+ TEG, or if you don't know how connect to the TEG wifi (Wifi password inside your pw+ inverter)
2) in the web browser connect to the IP (or 192.168.91.1 or 192.168.92.1 as the address URL if connected to the TEG wifi)
3) login as installer mode with your email
4) toggle the on/off switch on the right of any powerwall (I would flip off, wait 1-2 seconds before flipping them on)

That should grant you access to installer mode. with the System page being the useful one to us. The powerflow is more real time than the phone App. PW percentage can be slightly different.

Reactions: sk00
question -- how are folks logging into the system outside the regular mobile app? from these discussions, looks like there's some sort of web portal I can use to access the system with customer vs. installer modes but I don't even know what that is or how to access.
I looked up the system’s IP address on my WiFi router, entered that address into my browser and got in that way. You can also connect to the gateway’s WiFi network and follow these instructions:

Reactions: darryllee
I’ve not had a solar production drop out in 2 days now.

To recap I used my red e-stop/RSD switch after sunset 2 days ago, and could not really tell if it did anything. My system had been exhibiting the behavior discussed in this thread up until that point (between 8 AM - 10:30 AM).
If I'm right, in about 50-60 days you will see the dip early in the morning again 😅

No drop out for me today! (Thus far!)

Attachments

• CDFA27A5-60F0-434F-9E43-8A0951E0F730.png
    CDFA27A5-60F0-434F-9E43-8A0951E0F730.png
    150 KB · Views: 80
And now the next
You did your big red button before sunset right? So see should see the dip in a bit?
Correct but after that first test I saw no change the following day (still had a dropout). That next night I did try the button again, with no noticeable impact. But I also tried the DISABLED toggle button in the installer screen? Perhaps that did it?

Next test is for us to now purposely cause a daily dropout at a predicable time.

We all press red button and or set system to disabled tomorrow, high noon ???

And now the next

Correct but after that first test I saw no change the following day (still had a dropout). That next night I did try the button again, with no noticeable impact. But I also tried the DISABLED toggle button in the installer screen? Perhaps that did it?

Next test is for us to now purposely cause a daily dropout at a predicable time.

Oh I forgot, you are the one with the funky red button wired to the gateway but doesn't do anything.

Do you have the jumper cable in the inverter like in post 106 attachments?

And now the next

So did you get a dip 24 hours after the disabled button?

So did you get a dip 24 hours after the disabled button?
It seems like yes, maybe I did.
I pressed disable at 5:40pm.
Then today I had a small blip at 5:50-6:00 pm.

Production was low, so a bit hard to truly tell … and a nuance with my system is that I have a combined Tesla and Sunower, so never to go 0 during the Tesla inverter restart.

The best test may be to press disable at noon tomorrow and then report back what happens on Sunday.

Attachments

• 2CDC128E-0CC2-455E-BC0B-CA98625C0E91.jpeg
    2CDC128E-0CC2-455E-BC0B-CA98625C0E91.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 75
  • CB0EA147-A818-482F-9FAF-77EA3C200B67.png
    CB0EA147-A818-482F-9FAF-77EA3C200B67.png
    129 KB · Views: 65
It seem I have nailed this down. You can use the installer mode system screen, disabled/enabled button to "set" when the 24 hours self test happens.

2 days ago I hit the disabled enabled key and I was up around 11:47am

Yesterday was not monitoring the system screen so wasn't 100% sure but did have a dip around 11:50

Day 3 today 11:56am, the system screen shows wait for solar and 0 production. I'm expecting self test around 12:05pm

Yup, 12:05 started self test mode. No error the entire time other than "wait for solar" status

12:08 up and running again

Last edited:
It seem I have nailed this down. You can use the installer mode system screen, disabled/enabled button to "set" when the 24 hours self test happens.

2 days ago I hit the disabled enabled key and I was up around 11:47am

Yesterday was not monitoring the system screen so wasn't 100% sure but did have a dip around 11:50

Day 3 today 11:56am, the system screen shows wait for solar and 0 production. I'm expecting self test around 12:05pm

Yup, 12:05 started self test mode. No error the entire time other than "wait for solar" status

12:08 up and running again
Awesome.

I just got access to the portal for the first time so will test this out tonight after sun down. My system shutdown happened at 7:30am today so I should be able to verify if this trick worked tomorrow morning.

One question -- do you click Disabled and then Enabled immediately or do you give it some time before Enabling again? Not sure that even matters...

Awesome.

I just got access to the portal for the first time so will test this out tonight after sun down. My system shutdown happened at 7:30am today so I should be able to verify if this trick worked tomorrow morning.

One question -- do you click Disabled and then Enabled immediately or do you give it some time before Enabling again? Not sure that even matters...
I don't think it matters, I have done it both way and didn't notice a difference (both wait 10 mins before the self test). To play it safe I wait till the string voltage drop below 10v before I hit enabled.

Missed my high-noon mark, had to grab some sushi lunch :)

Triggered a reboot via the disabled button in installer mode at 1:31 today. Will test tomorrow.

Attachments

• ED89346F-5D68-49A3-BEFC-B5B2B799ED8F.jpeg
    ED89346F-5D68-49A3-BEFC-B5B2B799ED8F.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 14A43C15-834C-4EFE-888B-7C28EB92AA55.jpeg
    14A43C15-834C-4EFE-888B-7C28EB92AA55.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 56
  • E94D64F1-5EDC-4F56-9AAE-DB4DEEA064E5.jpeg
    E94D64F1-5EDC-4F56-9AAE-DB4DEEA064E5.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Bitslizer