Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily reset/shutdown of my Powerwall+ and/or Inverter after coolant top-off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well thereā€™s one thing we can be certain of, in 50-60 days I still wonā€™t have PTO. šŸ¤£
I did it slightly differentlyā€” I used the Stop System from the main screen at 8 pm last night and it also worked. Normally it would have done the self test today at 2:10 pm, and itā€™s now 3 pm and thereā€™s been no self test stoppage.

We didnā€™t exactly solve the problem of daily shutdowns, but itā€™s a reasonable workaround! I might do it again a bit after 9 pm tonight since during the short period that itā€™s rebooting weā€™re drawing from the grid, and after 9 pm the grid prices here in northern CA are the lowest. Yeah, I know, weā€™re talking pennies, but after dishing out all that money for a solar roof, I want to send as little as possible to PG&E šŸ¤£

Reactions: Bitslizer
I just use my PC to log into the IP

I did it slightly differentlyā€” I used the Stop System from the main screen at 8 pm last night and it also worked. Normally it would have done the self test today at 2:10 pm, and itā€™s now 3 pm and thereā€™s been no self test stoppage.

We didnā€™t exactly solve the problem of daily shutdowns, but itā€™s a reasonable workaround! I might do it again a bit after 9 pm tonight since during the short period that itā€™s rebooting weā€™re drawing from the grid, and after 9 pm the grid prices here in northern CA are the lowest. Yeah, I know, weā€™re talking pennies, but after dishing out all that money for a solar roof, I want to send as little as possible to PG&E šŸ¤£
Good to know the stop system also work!! I avoided the stop system because they will also stop my Tesla 3.8 inverter. Using the disable allow me to reset the pw+ 7.6 inverter without affecting the 3.8

Reactions: abek
Missed my high-noon mark, had to grab some sushi lunch :)

Triggered a reboot via the disabled button in installer mode at 1:31 today. Will test tomorrow.
This is now +2 days after purposely trying to cause a daily restart. 1:50 on the dot as expected. Cloudy day, but itā€™s there.

Will manually disable the system tonight at 6:30pm, snd then see you all in 60 days ! .

Attachments

• 59C2CF61-8B95-44FE-8FE0-D409AF9C64A7.png
    59C2CF61-8B95-44FE-8FE0-D409AF9C64A7.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: sk00
This is now +2 days after purposely trying to cause a daily restart. 1:50 on the dot as expected. Cloudy day, but itā€™s there.

Will manually disable the system tonight at 6:30pm, snd then see you all in 60 days ! .
Finally have a clear sunny day except for a bit of cloud in the late evening in the far horizon where the sun was....

Interesting my system didn't reach peak of 11.7 (where both inverters would be clipping). Where some of my intermittent cloudy days I reach that peak noon to ...2pm ish. Wasn't too hot either mid 80s at most...

The big dip at 6:30 is my daily reset. I have to reset when the west side panel still have some decent generation or one of my Problem string won't wake up in the morning

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210815-205712_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210815-205712_Tesla.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 46
Finally have a clear sunny day except for a bit of cloud in the late evening in the far horizon where the sun was....

Interesting my system didn't reach peak of 11.7 (where both inverters would be clipping). Where some of my intermittent cloudy days I reach that peak noon to ...2pm ish. Wasn't too hot either mid 80s at most...

The big dip at 6:30 is my daily reset. I have to reset when the west side panel still have some decent generation or one of my Problem string won't wake up in the morning
Dang! Beautiful looking chart. What size is your system? 90kw daily is glorious !

I am hoping to hit 22.8kw peak some day with perfect conditions, have hit like 22.4kw once and 180kwh one day.
15.64kw with a pw+7.6 and a standalone 3.8. my local area restrict interconnect size and even this had to go through exception approval. The 1.4 DC/AC ratio was the max allow or so I thought during design phase.... (Although I found out recently pw+inverter allow up to 1.7)

This works because I have a east west system 16e 30w. Instead of a south facing system. As you can see even a near perfect day I didn't peak out at 11.6 or 11.7. (the 3.8 have 16 panels 8e 8w and that inverter does peak and clip everyday, but the 7.6 was not clipping)

Ok, on Saturday night around 11PM, I decided to try a full Stop System (via the Web UI) *AND* flip the breaker off *AND* turn off the switch on the Power Wall. I was even prepared to pull the e-stop jumper out of my inverter, but didn't have a proper tool, and to be honest was a little scared of doing that.

Anyways, I left the whole thing "off" for a good 10 minutes or so, and was surprised to see the light on the Power Wall *finally* turn off. That had never happened before in any of the things I'd tried before.

So at any rate, I was disappointed to see that my up_time_seconds did not change in api/status. On Sunday I totally forgot to look at my stats, but as I look at it today, it looks like NO BLIP!

So, I don't know exactly which of the things worked, or if it was a combination of all three, but I'm happy that I won't have to worry about this in... ~42 days (10min/per day = 1 hour every 6 days; 6 * 7hours to sunrise). Yeah, let's hope there's an actual fix to this before then. :-}

Appreciate all the sharing of troubleshooting advice here!

Reactions: abek and Bitslizer
Wild !

The most Iā€™ve ever seen out of my 12.24 system was 11.6 (yesterday). Had just washed the panels the day before and that day has lot of scattered clouds. So lots of cloud edge effect. Looks like it sustained 11kw+ for a few 5 min intervals. Normal peak is something like 10.2kW.

No restart today after the forced one yesterday. All good now. We did it! Ha
F7444E93-FA01-4AE3-80AB-55DE229BB6B6.png

Attachments

• 0D8801C3-E1B5-49C9-9959-21E436A90234.png
    0D8801C3-E1B5-49C9-9959-21E436A90234.png
    667 KB · Views: 37
  • 4D4073B3-D891-4544-8C0E-D59F2CAD204D.png
    4D4073B3-D891-4544-8C0E-D59F2CAD204D.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 41
Wild !

The most Iā€™ve ever seen out of my 12.24 system was 11.6 (yesterday). Had just washed the panels the day before and that day has lot of scattered clouds. So lots of cloud edge effect. Looks like it sustained 11kw+ for a few 5 min intervals. Normal peak is something like 10.2kW.

No restart today after the forced one yesterday. All good now. We did it! Ha
View attachment 697379
Guess it does take some cloud edge effect to make both of my inverters clip. A bit reverse of yesterday, a little cloud at sunrise then cloud less the rest of the day. Vs cloud near sunset yesterday. But overall the curve was lower all along the curve... Peak was 10.7 vs 11.1 yesterday

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210816-202242_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-202242_Tesla.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 43