Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily reset/shutdown of my Powerwall+ and/or Inverter after coolant top-off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for your analysis.
I did check firmware update in Installer mode and it says no update available. My software version is 20.51.2 while all others have 21.xx.x .
I did hear liquid noise in my inverter occasionally. However, I don't think the inverter is over-heating. It is outdoor on a shading wall without sun light. Fan was not running anytime (defective? I also heard the inverter was singing consistently when power output was high.
I agree that even w1 got clipping, since power output is consistently slightly higher in parallel mode.
I hope to get peak power close to ~6.5kw if clipping issue is resolved. Not sure if Tesla can/will help.
My fan is running, it's intermittently cloudy and it's been spiking between 2.6kw and 11.6kw (sum of both inverter) due to passing clouds, the inverter is sitting in a 68f basement and the fan still run. If you open the cover in the middle of the day and find your fan is not running, I would think that's your issue

My system updated midday (2:30 PM EST) to 21.31.2 yesterday. I don’t see a solar production dip in my graph today in the Tesla app but I did get some 0 values from the meter from my own local API monitoring, which may be higher resolution than what the Tesla app shows from the cloud API. I want to see how it behaves over the next few days before I consider the daily reset issue fixed.

My fan is running, it's intermittently cloudy and it's been spiking between 2.6kw and 11.6kw (sum of both inverter) due to passing clouds, the inverter is sitting in a 68f basement and the fan still run. If you open the cover in the middle of the day and find your fan is not running, I would think that's your issue
Thank you, Bitslizer. I'll check fan during the day. If it is not running I'll contact Tesla to fix it.

Stupid question... for powerwall+ where do you find the password?
I can't seem to find it and I can't seem to open the powerwall+ the bottom screw doesn't come off to open the inverter assuming its under that paneL?

Thanks

Stupid question... for powerwall+ where do you find the password?
I can't seem to find it and I can't seem to open the powerwall+ the bottom screw doesn't come off to open the inverter assuming its under that paneL?

Thanks
There is a lever you push up to open up the inverter cover once you get the screw loose. Once its open the password is on the label there on the bottom of the SSID.

Issue was finally resolved.
I called tesla support for the issue of low power output. An agent responded and told me immediately the low performance was abnormal. She scheduled a technician visit a week later. The technician tried split the first string on inverter and found splitting does not work. After consulting with technical team in Tesla, he concluded the problem is panel wiring on the roof, and he requested the original installer to fix it. Two days later the original crew came, rewired the panels on roof, and jumpered the first string 1-2. Everything works thereafter and power output reached 6.8kw instead of 4-5kw prior to rewiring. 6.8kw is exactly what Bitslizer estimated.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
My SW installed around 11:30am, but the 7am reset was happening before and after the latest SW install so it appears hard coded somewhere.
It was probably programmed incorrectly. At some point I stopped obsessing over it and then it just got automatically fixed. I'm sure it will get fixed this time as well and really not a material loss in production. Didn't happen to me this morning so maybe it already got fixed.

Reactions: jgleigh
I didn't realize I had the same problem also until I zoomed into my graphs. It is still collecting data points so I guess the gateway isn't actually going down but doing some soft reset on the inverter, but yes weird time to do it.