Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily switching from non Tesla to your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even switching from the Y to my Bolt EV I usually forget that for full regen breaking you have to switch from D to L until the first time I lift off the accelerator. Then when I want to put it in park at least half the time I press the end of the wiper stalk instead of P on the gear selector. OTOH when I switch back I do miss the heated steering wheel. C'mon Elon turn it on already.

I have occasionally tried to put my Jeep Wrangler in drive or reverse by reaching for the windshield wiper controls….

Right there with ya... but it only takes a seconds to switch. As soon as the Toyota Tundra keeps going and doesn't slow down, I know I'm in a different beast. Seriously it doesn't take long at all for me. That's coming from two gas cars and two motorcycles, so change is easy. The MY is just another car in my stable. But, it's the funnest to drive right now.

Reactions: TwelveVoltMan
My wife has been driving Toyota / Lexus hybrids now for close to 15 years now. Her cars feel like they're free-wheeling when you let off the gas. She definitely won't like the feel of my MY's pedal when it finally arrives.
When we got the MY, I was going to sell my 2005 Prius. My wife decided that she would rather keep that and get rid of her much newer Honda Civic. Neither of us has had issues switching cars or adapting to the different ways they do regenerative braking.