TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dallas area body shop to paint?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jlucero, Jul 16, 2015.

1. jlucero

jlucero Member

can anyone recommend a good one for the Model S? i ordered a body kit and need it painted well to match my black MS. anyone have good experience with any in Dallas? thanks.

2. 7racer

7racer Member

Hey jlucero,

if you are going thru bpauto, I already emailed Kris back about a body shop I like. I have a GT-R that's my track car and they have done a great job painting and putting on body kits that are JDM that really no one has experience with.

I also gave Kris a recommendation of my wrap guy, Trey at speedshieldusa. He does tons of high end cars, fixes other shops wraps and has done scores of Model S's.

I'm in Germany right now doing a track day at the Nurburgring but feel free to hit me up when I get back.

Bob

3. JMG

JMG Member

Trade Secret in Plano did a good job on my paint from a recent fender bender, when someone backed into me. They had to put on a new rear quarter panel and blend it in with the existing paint on the drivers side rear door and trunk/bumper. I haven't been able to tell a different at all, inspecting from all different angles in bright sunlight.

I'll echo 7racer about the wrap if you decide to go that route, Trey at Speed Shield is awesome.

4. 7racer

7racer Member

Yep the guys at the service center recommend Trade Secret. I just didn't know if they deal with aftermarket parts...