Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas County, Texas Tax offices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read thought the "Texas registration issues and how to navigate them" thread. Lots of great information. I was wondering if any Dallas County owners could recommend a tax office location and the name of a person who was particularly knowledgeable and helpful? Thanks.

Don't know about Dallas county, but in Collin county you just take the paperwork in, they tell you how much the sales tax is, you write the cheque and get your plates. No muss no fuss. Takes about 30 minutes, 25 of which are waiting in line.

Congratulations and Enjoy your new car!!!!

My experience in Dallas County was probably not premium, but it got the job done.

Already had the car inspected, and had all my insurance card information and sale/purchase information.

I went to the closest Tax Office in Oak Cliff, visited the information desk to get everything I needed, then went to the line.
The background noise made conducting verbal communication with the lady inside the glass office somewhat daunting.
No, they did not know what a Tesla was.
Showed her a picture of the car on my cell phone, so she could see a bit.

She was very thorough, so it got registered as a five door vehicle.

You have a great car, it will get you noticed.
A LOT.
You will ample opportunities to educate people what a great car you have.

Can't speak for Dallas County, but just make sure to have all of your paperwork together as stated above.

Many of us have tried to get exempt from paying taxes, but no luck, so take the check book for a nice chunk of change to hand over to the state.

Don't go on a Mon or Fri or any day around lunch.

I went to the tax office on Marsh near Walnut Hill. They were fine and the line wasn't bad (20min) - this was in January - so no one had any idea what a Tesla was. IF you go prepared it's pretty painless (except writing the sales tax check).