TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Dallas hotel charging

Discussion in 'Texas' started by TexasEV, Mar 30, 2014.

1. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I had a meeting at The Fairmont last week and the parking staff were very accommodating. I called ahead to ask if I could plug into an outlet in their garage. When I arrived I found the valets were expecting me and had kept the one space by the one outlet open. It's a valet only garage but I convinced the parking manager to let me park it, and he accompanied me to get through the gates and guide me to the space. I had come from the Waco supercharger in my 60 and with the miles added overnight I could easily make it back to the supercharger.

Going back to Dallas in two weeks for a conference at the Rosemont Crescent. They said 120V outlets are available in their garage, but they also own the Hotel Za-Za less than two blocks away which has level 2 charging stations and said I could use those, or the valet would drive it over to charge and bring it back. (I'll politely decline that offer).
  2. 7racer

7racer Member

Jun 13, 2011

I live down the street from ZaZa and have a roadster with a 220 outlet you are welcome to use. Hit me up if you need a charge.