Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas: Installation of Hansshow Power Trunk & Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have heard the same thing about no contact when issues. They just seem to ghost people. This is one of the reasons I haven't ordered their replacement wheel for the yoke on my S. Sadly it is about the only wheel option I really like.

I have heard the same thing about no contact when issues. They just seem to ghost people. This is one of the reasons I haven't ordered their replacement wheel for the yoke on my S. Sadly it is about the only wheel option I really like.
If you do deal with them, please let us know how it comes out.
From what I seel, if you get the item and install it you will be OK. It appears to be the products with
moving parts and actuators which are problematic.
I'm thinking of upgrading to an S but I want nothing to do with that silly yoke

How long did it take you to install it?
About 3 hours, but only because I put the new strut brackets on backwards. They're labeled R and L, but I oriented that incorrectly. Removing and swapping them added about 30 minutes. I've heard it said before and it's true, the hardest part is replacing the struts, and it's only because my hands are big.(been able to palm a basketball since junior high). If you're watching install videos that show a challenge aligning the latch, they seemed to have fixed that. I didn't have to align anything, it just works.

Reactions: mckmas8808
About 3 hours, but only because I put the new strut brackets on backwards. They're labeled R and L, but I oriented that incorrectly. Removing and swapping them added about 30 minutes. I've heard it said before and it's true, the hardest part is replacing the struts, and it's only because my hands are big.(been able to palm a basketball since junior high). If you're watching install videos that show a challenge aligning the latch, they seemed to have fixed that. I didn't have to align anything, it just works.
So how much would you think would be a realistic amount for someone to charge to do this installation if they could do it in 2-3 hours?

I saw the latest Hanshow video yesterday, seems to be simplified, (didn't it used to need connection to the CAN bus?). Looking at the latch alignment. I thought I might drill a couple of small locator holes and install split pins before removing the latch assembly. The alignment can be a bear.
Albeit their after the sale support reputation isn't that good, I might give it a shot.
And yes, removing those **^^%^@R$!! strut ball mounts can be a pain.

Correct, the bracket that comes in the kit is simply placed behind the latch assembly. I marked the alignment spots to make that process go smoother, but you don't have to do that anymore. They provide new bolts with washers and gaskets. I put those in and everything just worked. The challenges are only the struts and the cable management.