Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I heard today that the Dallas service center is moving to a 50,000 square foot facility near Love Field in January.
Anyone else hear this?
Wonder if there will be a supercharger there...:smile:

So I heard today that the Dallas service center is moving to a 50,000 square foot facility near Love Field in January.
Anyone else hear this?

Still not the most convenient location to the balance of the metroplex, imo (Dallas Love is sort of buried away from the major arteries and interstates), but a bit closer to me! :)

I would have voted to put it north of DFW airport/Lewisville where there is open access to 121/114/35/GB, between to Dallas, Fort Worth, etc. And then put a supercharger on site. But nobody asked.

Anyone else hear this?

That wouldn't surprise me, but it seems the wrong direction. Most of the cars are north of Dallas in Plano, Frisco, McKinney, or in NE Tarrant.

Regardless of the location, they do need the space.

I heard they picked Love Field for several reasons:

A) It's a former car dealership that moved and is empty.
B) They have heavy power (for Super Chargers.)
C) It's large. Could be like the Houston location.
D) The price must be right.

I also wish they put it near DFW (centered in the area) but the Super Chargers would be over-used. There would be more local people using them than out-of-towners.

1. The address is 6500 Cedar Springs, near the entrance to Love Field.
  2. It was a furniture store before.
  3. There is another tenant in there at the back, but they still have a HUGE amount of space!
  4. The opening should be in February.
  5. There will NOT be Super Chargers in the front (like Houston) because they only put them on highways. The ones they will have, will be internal only for the shop to use. Houston Service Center picture:

HoustonService.jpg

Dallas Pics:
DallasServiceCenter.jpg

DallasServiceCenterStreet1.jpg
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[SUB][SUP]
DallasServiceCenterStreet2.jpg

[/SUP][/SUB]

Still not the most convenient location to the balance of the metroplex, imo (Dallas Love is sort of buried away from the major arteries and interstates), but a bit closer to me! :)

I would have voted to put it north of DFW airport/Lewisville where there is open access to 121/114/35/GB, between to Dallas, Fort Worth, etc. And then put a supercharger on site. But nobody asked.

I don't like love field airport because of accessibility issues. I don't mind Dallas service center moving to location like this as long as they add super chargers there. :smile:

1. The address is 6500 Cedar Springs, near the entrance to Love Field.
  2. It was a furniture store before.
  3. There is another tenant in there at the back, but they still have a HUGE amount of space!
  4. The opening should be in February.
  5. There will NOT be Super Chargers in the front (like Houston) because they only put them on highways. The ones they will have, will be internal only for the shop to use. Houston Service Center picture
[SUB][/SUB]

Thanks for the update. I wonder if they are hiring any new office positions since they are expanding...

Thanks for the update. I wonder if they are hiring any new office positions since they are expanding...

They should be hiring more staff.

There will NOT be Super Chargers for the public at these Service Centers, only inside for the techs to use. This is from Elon's mandate to be on highways only (Distance traveling,) and no local free charging. Keep in mind there will be another service center in Ft. Worth. This is why a DFW location is ruled out.

They should be hiring more staff.

There will NOT be Super Chargers for the public at these Service Centers, only inside for the techs to use. This is from Elon's mandate to be on highways only (Distance traveling,) and no local free charging. Keep in mind there will be another service center in Ft. Worth. This is why a DFW location is ruled out.

ah, I see. I had heard about a Ft. Worth location a year or two ago, but never knew when or if they was going to happen.

My sales rep told me this weekend that the Dallas location is not yet carved in stone, but that the do want it to be near that auto row of dealers if possible.

I sure hope that is the case.

That Love Field area (equally inconvenient to everyone :) ) is sort of the armpit of the metroplex. Mostly the Sewell dealer dynasty down the road.

I'd think they would have much more centralized access north of DFW airport somewhere.

I have heard that promise of a Fort Worth location for 2+ years, but would be really surprised to see that happen anytime "Tesla soon".

I went by today to try and take pictures. I can't reveal the source of info. I was going to look in the windows to get backup pictures for you guys. There were many cars there and I didn't want to intrude. I drove around the building looking for the tenant in the back, which appears to be gone. All signage on the building is removed, and when I returned, I think the agent was trying to flag me down. Stay tuned...