Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas Tesla Gallery confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to guys at the service center today, and Tesla has been waiting for an appropriate spot to open up at Northpark, but now has one identified that will be vacant in early 2014 and the gallery will likely open in March/April. They said that George B. chose Northpark over the Galleria because he anticipates opening galleries in Collin and Tarrant Counties in future years.

North Texas (DFW) is a very lucrative market, just waiting to be informed (and enticed) with a location in a premium mall.

Maybe display both a Model X and a Model S in the Gallery - - that would be awesome.
Fremont better get busy for all the new orders as a result of this new showroom addition.

Jay, one of the guys down at the Austin gallery, is supposed to be coming up here to manage the Dallas gallery. He also said that Austin is supposed to get their Model X very soon. Should be fun!
Chris, could you edit your post to remove the specific references to showroom locations and what positions people talking to you/mentioned are holding? I imagine Tesla leadership is not happy about such leaks and we don't want to get people in trouble...

Chris, could you edit your post to remove the specific references to showroom locations and what positions people talking to you/mentioned are holding? I imagine Tesla leadership is not happy about such leaks and we don't want to get people in trouble...

It's very public knowledge of where the next gallery in Texas is going to be and it's no secret that a Model X alpha/beta will make its way to other sores/galleries such as Austin. If a Tesla employee has an issue with what I put on here, they are free to shoot me a PM instead of publicly suggesting that my information is sensitive and proprietary. Why is a TMC member from Budapest, Hungary suggesting that I redact statements?

There are signs in the mall telling you about the Tesla showroom coming. It's also posted on the Tesla Website here: Stores Service Centers | Tesla Motors

There's no secret. In fact, they would want people to know they are opening a store. Generate buzz...

There are signs in the mall telling you about the Tesla showroom coming. It's also posted on the Tesla Website here: Stores Service Centers | Tesla Motors

There's no secret. In fact, they would want people to know they are opening a store. Generate buzz...

DFW Metroplex is America's Fourth largest population center/media market (over 6.5 M), behind NYC, LA and Chicago.

Yes, I understand Tesla Motors' desire to have exposure in a premium location, and they will, all in due time.
So, finally this Summer (Tesla time) some of these North Texas folks will finally have a chance to see, sit in, oogle over, fall in love with a Model S (or X) on display.
And yes, many of the visitors will even take the next step and order their own.
And then they will probably visit and become members of TMC.

And so on, and so on...

I hope I am lucky enough to receive an invite to the opening event, because it most certainly will be special.
It would be nice if it had the similar sort of participation as the Toronto store's opening, owners cars all lined up with their headlights on.

I'm thinking it might be kind of hard to do because parking at Northgate is a mess.

Difficult maybe, yet probably highly possible.
Yes, it will take a bit of planning, initiative and perseverance.
They (Northpark) have Reserved and Valet parking for lots of previous events.
Depending on the evening of the week, (I can't see it happening on a weekend) they might have one of the parking structure roof decks or maybe front and center site parking area cordoned off ==>>
just. for. Teslas.

Along side Nordstroms, Macy's, Neimans and Dillards (amongst others).
There are some very premium brands sharing the same address.

From NORTHPARK's, Who's Coming web site, page 2

Come on SUMMER....

• 940_448_image-3.jpeg

HOME // WHAT'S NEW // WHO'S COMING // TESLA
118_52_987357370036082.jpeg

Opens Summer 2014

Tesla Motors is an American company and they are changing how people think about cars. The Tesla retail store at NorthPark will be an interactive store designed to invite customers to explore Tesla's technology. Customers can learn about owning an electric car, and configure their own Tesla in the Tesla Design Studio. This will be the only Tesla Motors store in Dallas.

Gallery in NorthPark IS a reality: it will open June 20.
Clear you calendars, as invites will be coming out shortly.

I was just told this as well by one of the guys at the service center. So in general, the public can't come to watch the opening? I would think since it's a Mall, a public space, I could come by and watch from a distance, eh?