Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas Tesla Gallery confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a call/message from Tesla as well.

Anyone done any advance reconnoitering to see where the store is? The CA call said on the 1st floor next to Dillards.

No idea if they have a garage section/bank of chargers yet.

I am not a mall regular in general, and Northpark is quite a trek from my normal routes.

I had a call/message from Tesla as well.

Anyone done any advance reconnoitering to see where the store is? The CA call said on the 1st floor next to Dillards.

No idea if they have a garage section/bank of chargers yet.

I am not a mall regular in general, and Northpark is quite a trek from my normal routes.
its by Starbucks, Banana Republic, and La Madeline.

I had an email and a call about my RSVP for Friday's gallery opening, asking what time slot I wanted to test drive a Model S. It was a bit funny. What time is everyone going to be there? I was told there is not a special section for us to park, and Elon may or may not be there for the opening.

I had an email and a call about my RSVP for Friday's gallery opening, asking what time slot I wanted to test drive a Model S. It was a bit funny. What time is everyone going to be there? I was told there is not a special section for us to park, and Elon may or may not be there for the opening.
so it seems like its a come and go thing. how serious about the Elon thing? I would seriously move my schedule around to be there since I live in the metroplex.

so it seems like its a come and go thing. how serious about the Elon thing? I would seriously move my schedule around to be there since I live in the metroplex.

Likewise. The whole thing seems kinda of random and pointless, not sure why there's a need to RSVP when the store is basically open during normal mall hours, presumably to everyone. Right now I'm planning on getting there around lunchtime.

I want to be there for the actual opening, so I plan on arriving there first thing in the morning at 9:00 or 10:00 am.

The gallery is right next to Bath and Body Works and Starbucks. Parking at Dillards will be closest to the gallery.

There are also 7 HPWC and Tesla parking spots at the parking garage near Victorias Secret, on Floor 0 (1 level underground). You can get there by turning into the mall from NorthPark Rd. (NOT Park Lane).

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the 7 HPWC's and Tesla parking spots. I took this picture about a week ago. Currently there is a bit more TESLA signage around the parking spots as well as construction tape. However, I still did not see any "Tesla Only" signs near the spots.

They are located on Floor-0 at the parking garage indicated by the purple pin on the map.
IMG_0543.JPG

Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 5.56.57 PM.png

Good:

uhanenyq.jpg

y6e2age3.jpg

ne4u6ate.jpg

Bad: (the HPWC in the garage is more like a LPWC with blink-like amps - but on the plus side, there is no additional charge after buying the required $100+K car with twin chargers. Area visitors wanting a quick top-up before heading to the nearest supercharger aren't going to get it quick here. I only tried the left-most of 7 spots, maybe the others put out 80A? I noticed only one or two out of 7 cars actually plugged in although the spots were all taken.)

y9uje8e3.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to post my photos, but they're basically the same, so not much point!

It was busy, the usual mix of tire-kickers and people actually interested (plus a bunch of owners, of course). My wife and I were given a couple of Tesla polo's for showing up. There's food as well, I don't recommend the brownies, however.

Likewise. The whole thing seems kinda of random and pointless, not sure why there's a need to RSVP when the store is basically open during normal mall hours, presumably to everyone. Right now I'm planning on getting there around lunchtime.

Fun to visit any Tesla store, but the RSVP thing sent to owners is, as you indicate, pointless as there is no event or anything of the kind that I am aware of. I do enjoy most looking at the skateboard whenever I visit.