TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Dallas to Tulsa, NW AR

Discussion in 'Texas' started by garrett5688, Oct 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. garrett5688

garrett5688 New Member

Hi all -

recent new owner of a S85 here. Enjoying it so far, took a short trip to OKC and back and was pretty easy, stopping to charge a bit in Ardmore.

Have a few upcoming road trips to the NW Arkansas area. Haven't decided if we are taking our S or ICE. Any suggestions for making the trip in the S? Looks like the only way possible right now is via OKC and Tulsa, which makes for a much longer trip than the direct route 69-40-49.

Really wish Tesla would finish out the I40 superchargers between OKC and Little Rock. Even just the planned Henryetta location would make it possible to go up 69 to Tulsa. Was definitely disappointed to see the recent supercharger map changes these planned locations to "End of 2018."

Wonder what will happen first, ability to order a LR M3 or superchargers along I40... Maybe that would make our decision for us.

2. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Take your Tesla, leave your ICE for road trips into Alaska (at least until they start adding Superchargers there).;)

Went to NW Arkansas two months or so ago.

Left Dallas to Ardmore, side-track around OKC to Tulsa/ Catoosa on backroads, then on to Bentonville, AR.

Avoided a lots of heavy traffic in OKC area, saw parts of Oklahoma I had not traveled through before.

Bring handfuls of dollars and change for various Tollroads you will encounter in Oklahoma.
    Museum/Hotel 21c (very cool) in Bentonville has a couple HPWC destination chargers, they are accommodating and will allow you to charge there

Came back from Bentonville to Little Rock, then Texarkana, Sulphur Springs and Dallas.

• Like x 1
  3. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

You can skip OKC if you’re driving an S85. I drove my 85D from Ardmore to Catoosa and had 22% range remaining when I arrived. Dallas to Bentonville is an easy one day drive.