Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas to Tulsa, NW AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all -

recent new owner of a S85 here. Enjoying it so far, took a short trip to OKC and back and was pretty easy, stopping to charge a bit in Ardmore.

Have a few upcoming road trips to the NW Arkansas area. Haven't decided if we are taking our S or ICE. Any suggestions for making the trip in the S? Looks like the only way possible right now is via OKC and Tulsa, which makes for a much longer trip than the direct route 69-40-49.

Really wish Tesla would finish out the I40 superchargers between OKC and Little Rock. Even just the planned Henryetta location would make it possible to go up 69 to Tulsa. Was definitely disappointed to see the recent supercharger map changes these planned locations to "End of 2018."

Wonder what will happen first, ability to order a LR M3 or superchargers along I40... Maybe that would make our decision for us.

Take your Tesla, leave your ICE for road trips into Alaska (at least until they start adding Superchargers there).;)

Went to NW Arkansas two months or so ago.

Left Dallas to Ardmore, side-track around OKC to Tulsa/ Catoosa on backroads, then on to Bentonville, AR.

Avoided a lots of heavy traffic in OKC area, saw parts of Oklahoma I had not traveled through before.

Bring handfuls of dollars and change for various Tollroads you will encounter in Oklahoma.
Museum/Hotel 21c (very cool) in Bentonville has a couple HPWC destination chargers, they are accommodating and will allow you to charge there

Came back from Bentonville to Little Rock, then Texarkana, Sulphur Springs and Dallas.

Reactions: kort677
Hi all -

recent new owner of a S85 here. Enjoying it so far, took a short trip to OKC and back and was pretty easy, stopping to charge a bit in Ardmore.

Have a few upcoming road trips to the NW Arkansas area. Haven't decided if we are taking our S or ICE. Any suggestions for making the trip in the S? Looks like the only way possible right now is via OKC and Tulsa, which makes for a much longer trip than the direct route 69-40-49.

Really wish Tesla would finish out the I40 superchargers between OKC and Little Rock. Even just the planned Henryetta location would make it possible to go up 69 to Tulsa. Was definitely disappointed to see the recent supercharger map changes these planned locations to "End of 2018."

Wonder what will happen first, ability to order a LR M3 or superchargers along I40... Maybe that would make our decision for us.
I'm the owner of a new S 100D. Last week did LR to Saint Louis with Supercharger stop in Minor, Mo. Took US 67 straight up to STL.Trip was 65 miles closer than I40/55 - mostly 4 lane and wonderful traffic flow. I understand there are about 300 Tesla owners in Arkansas and I want to to contact them to get a Supercharger campaign going for Arkansas locations. Tried Facebook - found two old sites. Any suggestions? We need the Ft.Smith and/or Henryetta, OK locations now!

I live in Dallas with family in Tulsa. We need to figure out how to move the Henryetta OK supercharger forward. I will continue to drive ICE to Tulsa until we get the Henryetta one in place.

If I can make it to Tulsa via Ardmore in a Model S with 245 mile max range pack, anyone can EASILY make it to Henryetta in a Model 3. Even if you need to visit Catoosa to get a full charge on the way back, very doable trip.

Or you could always swing by supercharger in OKC, and arrive with even more charge, and go back for recharge in OKC.
If there is even a 110 V outlet and you are there (in Henryetta) for two days, you will gain about 72 miles+ per day charging.

Trying new things (within limits) allows you to gain confidence in the abilities and reliability of your new EV vehicle.

"If you always do what you have always done,...
... you will always get what you always got."

Or you can wait.
Ft. Stockton, TX took almost two years from permitting until it completed construction and was operational.

Either way, choice is yours.

Enjoy your trip.
And your new car.