Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Another new Model S owner in the DFW area. :biggrin: Picked up my Blue 85 in June and love it!!!

I had all the chrome blacked out, the wheels powder coated black, PhotoSync window tint and Clear Bra protection added.

Best wishes!

tesla .jpg

All:

See the top message from the google group post.

Google Groups

I was thinking tonight.

-William

I was able to go.

It was nice to meet Mark and W.Petefish last night and also Lauren & Lesley-Anne from Austin. Enjoyed seeing William's Roadster! I got a nice tour of the facility, saw a replaced traction battery and finally got to see Signature Red and Multi-Coat Red side-by-side. Unfortunately that's because the Sig was in for bodywork after having been driven into by a Dallas sanitation truck! :scared:

Also got to see several people astonished after their first Tesla drive!

I was on the periphery of several conversations speculating on the location and go-live date of the Texas Superchargers. Nobody there admitted to knowing anything, but all mentioned looking as they drove past Madisonville & Corsicana.

I also shared the details on the upcoming Texas EV Incentive and asked that Tesla's attorneys contact the TCEQ and hopefully influence the rule making so that Tesla is not excluded.

As for my purchase, I am waiting to see what happens with the incentive next month -- and also the choice between Navy & Red. Family harmony demands Navy, but the Red is seductive...

Oh! One more thing... Texas Tesla sales are believed to be #2 after California!

Hi everyone, I am a Las Colinas resident and wanted to introduce myself. I was looking for a meetup with other fellow Tesla owners? It seems Houston has a pretty solid group and would love to meet others as we seem to be a pretty cool bunch of folks and well, Dallas is much cooler than Houston. :)

I Picked up the Model S P85 Monday evening (29th) at the Dallas service center. Absolutely blown away. There are no words to describe the feeling and excitement when you first see your baby. We spent about an hour doing a walkthrough (because of this forum and countless videos, I already knew and got the jist of all the bells and whistles but was good to have a run-through anyways). The gentlemen was very friendly and informative, got everything checked off on the very detailed check-list and everything was good to go. Not a single issue to report. Drove off onto the highway (635 LBJ) being extremely cautious and as soon as I turn out of the service center, some big truck with those annoying exhaust pipes in the bed jetted off as soon as he saw my car. I saw a lot of black smoke in my rear view. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of this happening in the future and can't believe why an earth-friendly car would illicit such an obnoxious response. In the 20min of the first drive, I must have had a half a dozen people looking into my car and smiling and giving acknowledgement. It was a great feeling and lot of admiration for a beautifully well built car of the future. I am not a flashy guy by any means but this car really is getting a lot of attention. I really love the red on it, I would have preferred a deep ocean blue if it was available but this is just such a gorgeous color. It's bold and makes a statement.
My wife took me out to dinner to celebrate and in the parking lot, had people come up to talk about the car. This is all literally in the first several hours leaving the lot. I can say as pioneers and early-adopters, we are going to pave the way for the future of this company. All we can do is praise the car and share our passion of the Tesla and it instantly rubs off on others.
1095043_10100198231270121_1583229973_n.jpg

I would love to join a Dallas Tesla group, that sounds like a very fun idea. I just received my Tesla Model S today and am absolutely amazed. There is no other car like this! Everything just works, and works so well. Glover Davis walked me through the car and the whole process went very smoothly.

If anyone plans any events, I will try to come. For now, I will just be cruising all around dallas without using any fuel or giving off any emissions! SO HAPPY!

Hi everyone, I am a Las Colinas resident and wanted to introduce myself. I was looking for a meetup with other fellow Tesla owners? It seems Houston has a pretty solid group and would love to meet others as we seem to be a pretty cool bunch of folks and well, Dallas is much cooler than Houston. :)

Congrats...was it Jack that did the handover with you? He's the manager there, and really good at what he does. My only complaint is the location, I picked mine back in February, and getting on 635 in a shiny new car is like a white-knuckle ride! Will be glad when the construction is done. I work in Irving (the arm pit of Las Colinas :)), but I'm sure you'll see mine around at lunch some time, it's always over near McArthur somewhere

I would love to join a Dallas Tesla group, that sounds like a very fun idea. I just received my Tesla Model S today and am absolutely amazed. There is no other car like this! Everything just works, and works so well. Glover Davis walked me through the car and the whole process went very smoothly.

If anyone plans any events, I will try to come. For now, I will just be cruising all around dallas without using any fuel or giving off any emissions! SO HAPPY!

Congrats superraz375! I remember your name from the teslamotors forum, enjoy your new baby, i have been driving all around and finding reasons to get in the car! :)

- - - Updated - - -

@Bollar- Thanks man.
@Pete8314- I believe that was the name of the gentleman, I was so excited I didn't catch his name. I live right off of McArthur on Kinwest. I completely agree about the location, 635 is a mess and I was really hesitant to get on there on my first drive back home but it survived. The lanes are just way too tight. Gives me the shivers.

Jerry -

Congratulations on BEST of SHOW CAR!
Again!
Are you planning on attending C&C Dallas this coming Saturday in Plano?

If I haven't died of heat stroke from today's show by then :) Man it was hot. Eight bottles of water and that still wasn't really enough. I was getting pretty shaky towards the end. (The show didn't start till 10:30 and ended at 15:30).

There's that record-setting - in terms of lowest, lifetime Wh/mile consumption - Model S!

Jerry, unless I'm seeing things, looks like the left lip - as one faces the car - of the frunk lid is raised a bit and not really flush with the body?! I had the same issue with my car (produced soon after yours, I think) but, Tesla managed to adjust the hood to get both ends aligned well, during a service visit...

If the owner of the red 85 is on here, that was me honking and waving at you. :biggrin: I didn't mean to scare your family if I did.....just wanted to show my appreciation of the car. And nice color by the way, looks good!