Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

damaged 19 inch rim on my model 3 any one experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accidentally damaged the rt rear alloy rim on my model 3 when I hit the curb on a turn. I found a place that can resurface the alloy rim for $200. Does anyone know if there is anything else I need to know when they do this other than check the balance and rotation of the rim? will the regen be ok?

If you live in the SF Bay Area and have a damaged wheel, I strongly suggest that you take it to Wheel Repair Performance in San Jose. Their rates are reasonable (my repair was considerably less than $200), the service is fast & friendly, and most importantly they are honest. If there is a problem that will affect the balance of the wheel or any other long term issue they will let you know immediately.
If you have any doubts please feel free to PM me, or just check out their 176 five-star reviews onYelp.
-Mark

I have some curb rash on my front right passenger wheel. It's going to happen unfortunately. I just took a Mr. Clean magic eraser to it and it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. No big deal.

However, I recently had a tire rotation (just front to back) and I'm experiencing regen issues. I'm getting an error message that says "regen is limited" and I'm at around 280 miles battery. Like all, I would get "regen limited" notice at full charge (310 or so miles), but not at 85-90% charge. Could they have messed something up while doing the rotation? Or might it be something else. I'm on software version 42.3.

Thanks for any input.

I have some curb rash on my front right passenger wheel. It's going to happen unfortunately. I just took a Mr. Clean magic eraser to it and it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. No big deal.

However, I recently had a tire rotation (just front to back) and I'm experiencing regen issues. I'm getting an error message that says "regen is limited" and I'm at around 280 miles battery. Like all, I would get "regen limited" notice at full charge (310 or so miles), but not at 85-90% charge. Could they have messed something up while doing the rotation? Or might it be something else. I'm on software version 42.3.

Thanks for any input.
Regen is also limited in lower temperatures regardless of SOC.

Reactions: Tron 3
I accidentally damaged the rt rear alloy rim on my model 3 when I hit the curb on a turn. I found a place that can resurface the alloy rim for $200. Does anyone know if there is anything else I need to know when they do this other than check the balance and rotation of the rim? will the regen be ok?

Why are you lying? The only wheels that get curb damage are the 20s. 18 and 19 are impervious to any damage;)

If you live in the SF Bay Area and have a damaged wheel, I strongly suggest that you take it to Wheel Repair Performance in San Jose. Their rates are reasonable (my repair was considerably less than $200), the service is fast & friendly, and most importantly they are honest. If there is a problem that will affect the balance of the wheel or any other long term issue they will let you know immediately.
If you have any doubts please feel free to PM me, or just check out their 176 five-star reviews onYelp.
-Mark

Thanks for any input.
I’ve noticed it too, now that the temperatures have dropped to the 40s. It seems to take a little while for the battery to warm up, then the warning goes away.

Many Thanks, I called them and setup an appointment. They will even get a spare wheel and tire from Tesla while they work on my wheel.
So far, so good.
As a follow-up. When I arrived for my appt, they did not have a spare to put on the car. However, they were able to repair the wheel that day for $200. So, overall, I would still recommend them..FYI - they only took cash or check made out to Mr Vasquez...wierd