Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged 2008 1.5 for quick sale, runs and drives fine.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carl W

2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5
Oct 18, 2016
laguna beach, ca
I'm putting up my 2008 1.5 (#311) for sale as is. If it sells within the next week, then great. If not, then I'll go ahead and get it fixed. I just don't want to wait for the repair to get done as this is my daily driver.

The car still runs and drives fine. There are no error messages except telling me the front hood isn't closed, which it isn't! Still drives straight. However, with the broken hood hinges, I keep the speed down when driving it to the car shop.

Here is the security footage of the crash and pictures attached. Happened November 2, 2019.

Damage includes front bumper and foam backing, hood (hinges broken, too), both fenders have slight nicks, front crash structure, driver's headlight, grill. While the car hasn't been disassembled, it appears the frame is straight. Repair estimate (replacing all above parts plus other headlight (to better match left new headlight)) is $21k in parts and $8k in labor. However, could be done a lot cheaper if buying used parts and doing it yourself.

I'll add some more pictures, but the rest of the car is in excellent condition. Everything works. Interior is still nice, too. Other than the front damage from this crash, she's in excellent shape. Unrelated to the accident, the coolant reservoir needs to be replaced (I ordered one and Tesla was ready to replace it) as it cracked, but I fixed it until the new one is installed. No leaks anywhere.

I don't know the CAC and have had trouble viewing it, but she charges in standard mode to 146 to 150 miles. Has 60,400 miles. Range mode was near 200 the last time I range charged it, which was several months ago. Charges normally.

Includes Tesla car cover and CAN adapter. Clean title. NOT a salvaged title.

I've researched salvaged Roadsters (found 5 of them) with similar damage and they tend to sell for $23k to $25k, and that's with a salvaged title and without being able to test drive it. I'll entertain any offers, but $25k will be a "buy it now" decision. Make it fast, or I'm going to get it fixed.

After a week, if it doesn't sell, I'll just get it fixed instead. I just don't want to wait the months it will probably take to get it fixed....

Attachments

• IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    749.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    719.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    715.9 KB · Views: 92
I'm putting up my 2008 1.5 (#311) for sale as is. If it sells within the next week, then great. If not, then I'll go ahead and get it fixed. I just don't want to wait for the repair to get done as this is my daily driver.

The car still runs and drives fine. There are no error messages except telling me the front hood isn't closed, which it isn't! Still drives straight. However, with the broken hood hinges, I keep the speed down when driving it to the car shop.

Here is the security footage of the crash and pictures attached. Happened November 2, 2019.

Damage includes front bumper and foam backing, hood (hinges broken, too), both fenders have slight nicks, front crash structure, driver's headlight, grill. While the car hasn't been disassembled, it appears the frame is straight. Repair estimate (replacing all above parts plus other headlight (to better match left new headlight)) is $21k in parts and $8k in labor. However, could be done a lot cheaper if buying used parts and doing it yourself.

I'll add some more pictures, but the rest of the car is in excellent condition. Everything works. Interior is still nice, too. Other than the front damage from this crash, she's in excellent shape. Unrelated to the accident, the coolant reservoir needs to be replaced (I ordered one and Tesla was ready to replace it) as it cracked, but I fixed it until the new one is installed. No leaks anywhere.

I don't know the CAC and have had trouble viewing it, but she charges in standard mode to 146 to 150 miles. Has 60,400 miles. Range mode was near 200 the last time I range charged it, which was several months ago. Charges normally.

I've researched salvaged Roadsters (found 5 of them) with similar damage and they tend to sell for $23k to $25k, and that's with a salvaged title and without being able to test drive it. I'll entertain any offers, but $25k will be a "buy it now" decision. Make it fast, or I'm going to get it fixed.

After a week, if it doesn't sell, I'll just get it fixed instead. I just don't want to wait the months it will probably take to get it fixed....
Give me a call 206-304-1217 if we can agree on. a price I’ll buy it and fix it.

Adding some pictures taken today and after a standard charge.

Attachments

• IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0857.JPG
    IMG_0857.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 101
On another note...

what are you replacing her with?
Thinking of going with a model 3 because it will fit our family better for next little while. My 16 year old daughter is still learning to drive and our Toyota Sienna is kind of big and she's not allowed to drive the roadster. Then, after a couple of years, I'm going to want to add back a Roadster because I'm going to miss it badly.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Thinking of going with a model 3 because it will fit our family better for next little while. My 16 year old daughter is still learning to drive and our Toyota Sienna is kind of big and she's not allowed to drive the roadster. Then, after a couple of years, I'm going to want to add back a Roadster because I'm going to miss it badly.

Don't forget to use your own referral code... Sad that your Roadster is moving out of the OC... But look forward for when you replace her...

(The #5 that you missed out on is at Gruber, and now your own Roadster is headed to Medlock... Needless to say, Roadsters that are associated with you have ended up at expert hands...)

Don't forget to use your own referral code... Sad that your Roadster is moving out of the OC... But look forward for when you replace her...

(The #5 that you missed out on is at Gruber, and now your own Roadster is headed to Medlock... Needless to say, Roadsters that are associated with you have ended up at expert hands...)
Is it better to use my own code (in which case I'll need to get one) or my friend's code?