Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged/Broken UMC adapter

FMinMI

Dec 21, 2018
Mid Michigan
Looking for a cheap UMC adapter from a Gen1 unit to take apart. Need the 'rear' portion to be undamaged but don't care if the male blades are there or the rubber cut. Don't care which one - 5-15, 6-50, etc...

Thanks.

clyjr

Nov 9, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Are you looking for the whole UMC or just one of the adapters (like the 14-50 or 120v adapter)?

I have a Gen 1 UMC that doesn't work anymore, no external damage that I've noticed. It trips my breaker whenever I plug it in (happened after a power outage), so I just switched to using the Gen 2.

FMinMI

Dec 21, 2018
Mid Michigan
Are you looking for the whole UMC or just one of the adapters (like the 14-50 or 120v adapter)?

I have a Gen 1 UMC that doesn't work anymore, no external damage that I've noticed. It trips my breaker whenever I plug it in (happened after a power outage), so I just switched to using the Gen 2.

Hi CLYjr.

I just am looking for an adapter. I want to cut it open to display the internals, but most interested in the 'female' back piece for a DIY project afterwards, thus the reason I said the male blades can be damaged/missing/burnt/whatever and the case can be messed up but the back piece that plugs into the cable cannot be destroyed (e.g. one run over by a bulldozer :). Was hoping to find something for like $15.

clyjr

Nov 9, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Hi CLYjr.

I just am looking for an adapter. I want to cut it open to display the internals, but most interested in the 'female' back piece for a DIY project afterwards, thus the reason I said the male blades can be damaged/missing/burnt/whatever and the case can be messed up but the back piece that plugs into the cable cannot be destroyed (e.g. one run over by a bulldozer :). Was hoping to find something for like $15.

I'll take a look, I'm pretty sure I had two of the 120v ones. If I don't reply in a few days send me a PM to remind me. I didn't get notified when you replied for some reason...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC