Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged HPWC Wand - Options?

joebruin77

Dec 23, 2018
Encino, CA
So the wand on my Tesla Wall Connector somehow got damaged. I am always super careful with it. I think someone else may have come by and messed with it. I noticed that the wand had a piece of black plastic that was broken and hanging off. I thought about gluing it back on, but the owners manual clearly says not to attempt to repair any part of the wall connector. So I thought it best to play it safe and replace the wand.

My question is, is there a way to purchase a replacement wand and have either Tesla Mobile Service or an electrician install it, or do I have to buy a whole new Wall Connector?

Has anyone else ever replaced a damaged wand? I welcome any suggestions.

BTW, when the electrician comes out to replace the wand, I also plan to have him install a 14-50 Nema outlet which I can use as a backup in case the Wall Connector is unusable for any reason.

Thank you,
joebruin77

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC