Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged molding under rocker panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While backing up from driveway this morning, I went off a little from curb and heard a bang. Later found out the molding on rocker panel near the back wheel was damaged. Didn't affect driving. Went to a body shop for an estimate. Good news is that it narrowly missed the battery, that would be like 15k. Still waiting for the estimate. I felt really bad to damage it only after 2 months. Lesson learned - be really careful about curbs :(

IMG_20191004_090928.jpg
Yep.

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_090950.jpg
    IMG_20191004_090950.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 130
Got the estimate from body shop. It's $1200 and I would pay 750 deductible. Any suggestion on should I just pay it all and cancel the claim? On the other hand, with the small amount, insurance premium may not increase next year. A newbie question: when I drop off the car for repair, do I just give them the key card and set to valet mode?

A newbie question: when I drop off the car for repair, do I just give them the key card and set to valet mode?

I gave the Tesla approved body shop my key card earlier this year and I didn't bother with valet mode. I was told the repair staff at the Tesla approved body shops have special access codes and menus needed to repair the cars. I don't know if this is true or not, but a Tesla Mobile tech told me this...

Does your insurance company have any accident forgiveness ?