Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged paint at Tesla service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was at a So. Cal Tesla service center, and they offered to internally remove some deep scratches on the bumper to address delivery issues. I picked up my vehicle and noticed some strange notes left on my invoice. Something about paint concerns falls within quality standards - no repairs are recommended. To my surprise, they used touch-up paint to cover up areas where they melted down to the black plastic.

They first denied that they damaged my paint, but after seeing photos I took before submitting my service request, they went silent.

I’ve requested the service manager or GM to contact me, but nothing.

I’ve also escalated with Tesla customer support but noting.

What’s the next step that I should take to address this issue?

I'm not sure if I want to take my car to this same location when they are hiring inexperienced people to work on vehicles.

Last edited:
Same situation with me. Car was in for a small side window replacement at the Tesla Service Center. The glass was shatter. They replaced the window but damaged the painted frame above the window during the install. I have before and after photos of the damaged area. They were sent via the app and stated they would compare it to their intake photos and get back with me in 2 days. It is now been a week with no contact and the chat window in the app has been closed.

Not sure what to do next. Any suggestions would be appreciate.

Same situation with me. Car was in for a small side window replacement at the Tesla Service Center. The glass was shatter. They replaced the window but damaged the painted frame above the window during the install. I have before and after photos of the damaged area. They were sent via the app and stated they would compare it to their intake photos and get back with me in 2 days. It is now been a week with no contact and the chat window in the app has been closed.

Not sure what to do next. Any suggestions would be appreciate.
Ask to send the car to a Tesla approved body shop.