Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

damaged rear Arachnid rim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rim only (no cap, no sensors). This is the rim for sale and close up of crack and curbage. Very clean otherwise.
31F66B6C-CB59-47BB-8270-6F51B2382DEB.jpeg
DB0DA655-F827-4781-912A-C3AD81936628.jpeg

My local vineyard uses damaged wheels from exotics to wind their garden hoses around them. My wife and I went to pick grapes at their annual public picking day and laughed when we noticed how they were repurposing Ferrari and Lamborghini wheels.

Generally I'm not a fan of wheels with lower than a 45 tire profile and I prefer forged instead of cast wheels. I've seen too many cracked wheels over the years. Fortunately none of them were my own.

Yes, Hawaii does have horrible roads, but, I hate to say this... (knocking on wood) I haven't hit a pot hole in my Tesla SO FAR...

I have been driving a Tesla since 2014, with the 19" rims, 21" Turbines, and never had any issues till I mounted the Arachnids, just about 21 months now, and almost 20K miles...

So yes, I think it is weaker, but, no one is going to admit that... and yes, both my cracks looked very similar to the pic above it leaks air very very slowly.

Have a great day!