Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged Rocker Plastic Trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. Had my shop lower my car a bit when I had my Mountain Pass coils installed, and needless to say I went a bit too low.

I end up scraping on my driveway which has a horrible curb height slope on it, and yeah, I’ve gone over a couple curbs turning out of really tight parking lots.

Can’t blame the shop for poor driving of course.

Regardless from the get go I already felt it was too low, so I’m having it raised anyway. I don’t want to have to worry about scraping on speed bumps in an SUV.

My question to you all is, is this panel here just trim, which I would assume to be very easily replaced (no paint or anything needed) or is it pretty expensive damage? If it’s just cheap trim, and if simple and easy, I’d just replace myself, and if tricky, I’d have my shop do it.

If it’s a big job, I’d just live with it. The pieces are also not fully aligned with the doors anymore, they’ve pulled out a bit away from the car at the rear.

It’s hard to tell from the photos, but they aren’t just scuffs, which I’d just normally run some plastic restorer on. There is a good sized dent combined with a fat deep scrape on the passenger side (top photo) and the bottom one shows the separation from the body.

Thanks for the insight.

811A01BB-272B-458C-BFC5-55846689FE71.jpeg

2D6944D6-B792-45F5-843A-EF86C9D4D034.jpeg