TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Damaged seat... what should I do...

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Kwang0429, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Kwang0429

Kwang0429 Member

Hi all:

So today while my wife was driving the car, a car ahead stopped suddenly in the middle of the road cause my wife to brake all of the sudden, this momentum made our stroller being shot forward inbetween 2 seats and cut open one of our rear seat.....

have anyone know anything about getting this fixed or replaced or the cost?

I am in San Diego...

Thanks............

my heart is bleeding looking at it......... IMG_2253.JPG IMG_2257.JPG

2. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

Check with a local leather / auto interior shop. They may be able to fix without replacing the panel

• Like x 1
  3. daniel

daniel Active Member

The first damage to a new car is heartbreaking. It's your baby, and suddenly it's not pristine. But like death and taxes, it has to happen some time. You fix it or you accept it and you move on. Good luck to you, friend.

I think if it was me I'd make the best of a bad situation by personalizing it: I'd have a shop sew up the tear so it doesn't spread, and then personalize it by putting a colorful patch or a patch with a colorful image over the tear.

• Like x 1
  4. sgmorton

sgmorton Member

A professional can fix that. There are also a ton of videos on YouTube that will show you some DIY methods to fix it if you are adventurous or DIY minded.

5. dark

dark Member

My bike fell on my X the first week, which put a dent on my fender. I was actually worried about my bike....haha

• Funny x 1
  6. daniel

daniel Active Member

Back when I had a bicycle, it could have fallen on your fender and you'd never have noticed a thing. ... Oh, you mean a motorcycle. Oops. Sorry. :D