Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged wall connector plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you can see from this pic the left side of the plug from my wall connector has been somehow damaged while charging. What are my options here? Do I have to replace the entire wall connector or is it possible to just replace the cord and plug?

upload_2019-6-25_22-43-9.jpeg

You may be able to find a replacement connector, but I'd recommend full cable replacement, which may be possible in the HPWC.

Most plugs like this use very specialized crimp connections and replacing without the crimp machine isn't something that I'd recommend for a cable carrying 240V @50A

Reactions: MarkoC
The cable/nozzle for the first generation HPWC is available from Tesla -- 2nd generation is not. The price is not much cheaper than buying another unit, however.

I had a similar problem and bought a replacement plug with 9" of cable on eBay. I think that if I solder the connections to the old cable it should work, but I don't really know. If it doesn't then I'll buy a J1772 plug and set the charger back to 40A.

Reactions: MarkoC
Hi MarkoC,

Email [email protected] or call 650-681-6133.

The numbers and email are for the charging installation and troubleshooting team...
They will be able to answer your questions.

When my electrician fouled up the installation, they sent a Mobile Service person with a new Wall Connector and we were able
to create a functional unit...

Good luck, Shawn