Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damn death rattle is back and louder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t drive the car much since Tesla “fixed” the death rattle back in January but yesterday when getting on highway I accelerated hard and the death rattle is back. anyone still having this issue after all these years or is it just me?

Reactions: T-Racer
I won't be able to help you, but I notice that you haven't given many details. Exactly where is the rattle coming from? Under what conditions do you hear this rattle? Is it sporadic or all the time in these conditions?

You will probably need somebody else in the car to help pinpoint where the sound is coming from.

Well death rattle is a known issue so didn’t want to repeat what has been said before but it is under hard acceleration or from a dig u lunch and the front struts make a metal on metal clacking noise that is known as the death rattle. As Far as I know 2016 onwards all model S have the issue the faster your car accelerated more pronounced the issue is so if you have P model you definitely have this rattle. Tesla has been replacing parts in some parts of the country other parts they say there is no fix yet so it is a mix bag. Mine just has 7k miles on it and it had the rattle even when it was brand new but I thought it was parts settling in and it will go away. Got CV joints replaced in January to fix this under warranty and just heard it again yesterday. So posting to see if there has been a fix yet.

Reactions: T-Racer
May be known problem, but this is the first I've heard of it. Maybe I don't do so many "launches".

I've found that the hot rodders don't even want to race me. For all they know I've got the top of the line Model S, and they are pretty sure I can destroy them. I'm pretty sure I can, too, and that's with just a plain jane car that takes 5 seconds 0-60. And I have never heard any "death rattle".