Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danbury, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday we plugged into the Danbury SC at 10:04AM. All 10 stalls were empty as we pulled up. Went into L.L.Bean for the bathroom and then started trying on Bean boots.

(side note: too many SCs are located next to L.L.Bean stores. Between Albany, Freeport, and this one, I've spent over $1K at L.L.Bean since getting my cars)

Finally my family went to get coffee and tea at Starbucks - having to wait in line for 15 minutes. Originally we needed only 40 minutes of charge, but when we all finally got going back to the car it was 11:05. We were nearly at 95% in an hour.

My big surprise when we got back to the SuperCharger was that 9 of 10 stalls were all now in use. Seven 3s, an S, and another X had all arrived after us. I was happy to have made it before the holiday rush!
upload_2018-12-27_13-12-14.png

Yesterday we plugged into the Danbury SC at 10:04AM. All 10 stalls were empty as we pulled up. Went into L.L.Bean for the bathroom and then started trying on Bean boots.

(side note: too many SCs are located next to L.L.Bean stores. Between Albany, Freeport, and this one, I've spent over $1K at L.L.Bean since getting my cars)

Finally my family went to get coffee and tea at Starbucks - having to wait in line for 15 minutes. Originally we needed only 40 minutes of charge, but when we all finally got going back to the car it was 11:05. We were nearly at 95% in an hour.

My big surprise when we got back to the SuperCharger was that 9 of 10 stalls were all now in use. Seven 3s, an S, and another X had all arrived after us. I was happy to have made it before the holiday rush!
View attachment 364103
Beware of Cheescake Factory. You might never return:)

Hi all! Can anyone confirm charging cost at the Danbury Fair Mall site? My vehicle doesn’t tell me because I have free charging via referral—but I’d like to calculate what it’ll cost once that ends. Thanks!

Until recently, the Tesla site had each state listed at Supercharging but now it is only indicated as "per kWh" or "per minute" but they don't seem to list anywhere what State is what category.

So it will either be $0.28 per kWh or $0.26 per minute (above 60 kWh) and $0.13 per minute (below 60 kWh). Let's assume you have a 75 kWh battery pack and Tesla only lets us access ~90 of it so let's make it easy and call it 70 kWh available. If you arrive with 10% left (7 kWh remaining) and want to charge from 10% (7 kWh remaining) to 50% (35 kWh remaining) then you'd be adding ~28 kWh and @ $0.28/kWh that would be $7.84.

View attachment 398552
I don't think they changed the pricing in CT.

You would know best since you live there but is it a "per minute" state and not a "per kWh" state? It would be nice if Tesla listed what category it was on their own supercharger map or even the Nav screen.

Edit: I have free supercharging so it doesn't indicate on my Nav screen what the pricing fee is.

IMG_20190419_111521-691x518.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 398552
I don't think they changed the pricing in CT.
Those prices listed on Tesla's website are the AVERAGE prices for all US superchargers of that specific category (i.e. per kWh or per minute). This fact is one of the bullet points right above the drop down menu. When Tesla switched to each location getting its own price, they stopped showing anything but the average price across the entire US network. So it doesn't really say anything at all about the price to charge at Danbury.

Those prices listed on Tesla's website are the AVERAGE prices for all US superchargers of that specific category (i.e. per kWh or per minute). This fact is one of the bullet points right above the drop down menu. When Tesla switched to each location getting its own price, they stopped showing anything but the average price across the entire US network. So it doesn't really say anything at all about the price to charge at Danbury.

Gotcha

Until recently, the Tesla site had each state listed at Supercharging but now it is only indicated as "per kWh" or "per minute" but they don't seem to list anywhere what State is what category.

So it will either be $0.28 per kWh or $0.26 per minute (above 60 kWh) and $0.13 per minute (below 60 kWh). Let's assume you have a 75 kWh battery pack and Tesla only lets us access ~90 of it so let's make it easy and call it 70 kWh available. If you arrive with 10% left (7 kWh remaining) and want to charge from 10% (7 kWh remaining) to 50% (35 kWh remaining) then you'd be adding ~28 kWh and @ $0.28/kWh that would be $7.84.

Thank you!