TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Danbury, CT Supercharger

Discussion in 'New England' started by tanker5, May 5, 2017.

1. jlv1

jlv1 Twice as much fun

I know. :(

2. jlv1

jlv1 Twice as much fun

As other's have mentioned, it's TeslaFi (see forum thread: TeslaFi.com). I really like it's various reports. For instance, this is the lifetime map of my S - except that I didn't use TeslaFi for the first 12K miles, so this misses a few long trips, like one to VA.

PM me for a referral code to get a 4 week trial.

[​IMG]

3. Blissedout

Blissedout Member

Beware of Cheescake Factory. You might never return:)

4. dsnjr

dsnjr Member

Hi all! Can anyone confirm charging cost at the Danbury Fair Mall site? My vehicle doesn’t tell me because I have free charging via referral—but I’d like to calculate what it’ll cost once that ends. Thanks!

5. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

upload_2019-4-19_10-47-48.png
    I don't think they changed the pricing in CT.

6. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

Until recently, the Tesla site had each state listed at Supercharging but now it is only indicated as "per kWh" or "per minute" but they don't seem to list anywhere what State is what category.

So it will either be $0.28 per kWh or $0.26 per minute (above 60 kWh) and $0.13 per minute (below 60 kWh). Let's assume you have a 75 kWh battery pack and Tesla only lets us access ~90 of it so let's make it easy and call it 70 kWh available. If you arrive with 10% left (7 kWh remaining) and want to charge from 10% (7 kWh remaining) to 50% (35 kWh remaining) then you'd be adding ~28 kWh and @ $0.28/kWh that would be $7.84.

7. Darren S

#227 Darren S, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    You would know best since you live there but is it a "per minute" state and not a "per kWh" state? It would be nice if Tesla listed what category it was on their own supercharger map or even the Nav screen.

Edit: I have free supercharging so it doesn't indicate on my Nav screen what the pricing fee is.

IMG_20190419_111521-691x518.jpg

8. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Those prices listed on Tesla's website are the AVERAGE prices for all US superchargers of that specific category (i.e. per kWh or per minute). This fact is one of the bullet points right above the drop down menu. When Tesla switched to each location getting its own price, they stopped showing anything but the average price across the entire US network. So it doesn't really say anything at all about the price to charge at Danbury.

9. Darren S

Gotcha

10. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

I'm almost positive it is per minute in CT at about that average rate.

11. dsnjr

dsnjr Member

Thank you!

12. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

@dsnjr As I pointed out in my comment above (post #228) the prices listed in the comment you replied to are the average prices for supercharging across all sites in the US, not the specific costs to supercharge at Danbury. So using those numbers, you might be off by a few cents either way. It's close enough to give you a close ballpark idea though, if you aren't trying to get exact exact exact accounting.

13. dsnjr

dsnjr Member

Understood—thank you for clarifying!

14. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

This entry has popped up on Plugshare - 2-stall on the other side of the car park. Not sure how legitimate it is?

upload_2019-7-6_18-10-26.png

15. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Looks like it got fixed.
    upload_2019-7-6_9-20-40.png

• Helpful x 1
  16. Dan_A

Dan_A Member

Attached Files:

17. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Now I see - I was thrown off by the name "supercharger" and then listed as an L2. My guess it that is an erroneous entry.

18. Dan_A

Dan_A Member

I notice that a lot for new Superchargers. As a regular plugshare member you can add L2 chargers but not superchargers. So i think new superchargers are typically added by the public as a L2 and then gets changed to L3.