Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danbury, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Girlfriend was in the area and stopped by today to check progress. Meter has been installed, however no transformer yet.
IMG_8421.jpg

As a life-long resident of New York...we don't agree with that. We consider the Mid-Atlantic as PA, Maryland and DC (maybe Jersey too)...which are actually in the middle of the Atlantic coast. New York is not. We are the cornerstone between New England and the Mid-Atlantic states. We were a Dutch colony, so even culturally, New York developed differently than our British colonial neighbors on either side.

New York, NJ and CT are called the Tri-State Area, but really the only appropriate way to consider the larger area is "Northeast," when adding New England and NY/NJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: st50maint
As a life-long resident of New York...we don't agree with that. We consider the Mid-Atlantic as PA, Maryland and DC (maybe Jersey too)...which are actually in the middle of the Atlantic coast. New York is not. We are the cornerstone between New England and the Mid-Atlantic states. We were a Dutch colony, so even culturally, New York developed differently than our British colonial neighbors on either side.

New York, NJ and CT are called the Tri-State Area, but really the only appropriate way to consider the larger area is "Northeast," when adding New England and NY/NJ.

As a former NY resident for 20 years I disagree but that is likely b/c you are from LI and I am from upstate. Probably not the only thing we disagree on haha

From Danbury's perspective, New York City is another country that is fun to visit once in a while.
From New York City's perspective Danbury does not exist. ;)
Haha, true for city dwellers, but as a former Northern Westchester resident, Danbury was my primary mall location, and I used to get Subaru service at Colonial Subaru.

I work in NY CIty, live in Westchester county and often go to Costco in Brookfield. Danbury definitley exists for me. Any updates on the Super Charger site?
Agreed.

Haha. Don’t worry, I’m new to the Island thanks to my wife.

Born/elementary in Orange County (NY), MS/HS in Westchester County.

I wasn't going to comment but now that we are talking maps and views of the world from the NYMA its funny how as someone from upstate I used to view Westchester, LI, and NYC the same. Since then I've also lived in White Plains and wow what a difference. For me upstate is anything past westchester and rockland, curious as to what you think.