Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danbury, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't going to comment but now that we are talking maps and views of the world from the NYMA its funny how as someone from upstate I used to view Westchester, LI, and NYC the same. Since then I've also lived in White Plains and wow what a difference. For me upstate is anything past westchester and rockland, curious as to what you think.

As someone who spent 18 years+ in the Hudson Valley (Orange/Dutchess, Westchester, and grandparents in Putnam) I have always considered "Upstate" to mean Catskills, Bighamton, Albany and north. The more rural areas of the state. So basically, the entire state north of the Pennsylvania top state line, and outside of the Hudson Valley.

Now, my wife is from Long Island, and according to them and NYC residents, "Upstate" means anything north of the Bronx...so basically the entire state outside of NYC/LI. I've been in many colorful conversations on the topic.

As someone who spent 18 years+ in the Hudson Valley (Orange/Dutchess, Westchester, and grandparents in Putnam) I have always considered "Upstate" to mean Catskills, Bighamton, Albany and north. The more rural areas of the state. So basically, the entire state north of the Pennsylvania top state line, and outside of the Hudson Valley.

Now, my wife is from Long Island, and according to them and NYC residents, "Upstate" means anything north of the Bronx...so basically the entire state outside of NYC/LI. I've been in many colorful conversations on the topic.
I thought "upstate" means anyone who votes Republican.:eek:

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: David29 and chjch
It's been a few weeks since I was at the site. I will try to get there this week to see if anything has changed.

The superchargers and electrical boxes are across the street from the stalls. Another owner pointed out to me that there was no evidence of the street being torn up recently in order to run the cables under the street in order to connect the stalls to the incoming power. This can mean either that the power lines were fed through existing conduit under the road, or somehow tunneled under the roadway without having to tear the road apart. It could also mean that some work still needs to be done to rip up the road to and connect one side to the other.

It's been a few weeks since I was at the site. I will try to get there this week to see if anything has changed.

The superchargers and electrical boxes are across the street from the stalls. Another owner pointed out to me that there was no evidence of the street being torn up recently in order to run the cables under the street in order to connect the stalls to the incoming power. This can mean either that the power lines were fed through existing conduit under the road, or somehow tunneled under the roadway without having to tear the road apart. It could also mean that some work still needs to be done to rip up the road to and connect one side to the other.
I doubt the power company would set the meter unless the building department had inspected all the work and issued a CO.

Supercharger.info lists the Danbury, CT supercharger under construction for the last 75 days. Does anyone who lives near Danbury know what the status of the construction is?

Charges are up. Boxes across the street appear to be installed. Perhaps inspection and approval are needed.

Attachments

• F746730A-D229-4A77-A938-80A417D342BD.jpeg
    F746730A-D229-4A77-A938-80A417D342BD.jpeg
    542 KB · Views: 88
  • 29F983AD-1994-4438-BE75-C58FCFF1A196.jpeg
    29F983AD-1994-4438-BE75-C58FCFF1A196.jpeg
    556.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 7C720624-D24F-459F-B383-E31C960A6CCF.jpeg
    7C720624-D24F-459F-B383-E31C960A6CCF.jpeg
    590.3 KB · Views: 70
From the ones I've watched, meter install is the last phase after construction and inspection. Then someone from Tesla comes to inspect, test, and put numbers on the stalls prior to official opening.
From the ones I've watched, meter install is the last phase after construction and inspection. Then someone from Tesla comes to inspect, test, and put numbers on the stalls prior to official opening.

Chargers are installed. Boxes across the street appear to be installed. Perhaps inspection needed....

Attachments

• A119559F-18DB-4041-B4BD-03B20E343087.jpeg
    A119559F-18DB-4041-B4BD-03B20E343087.jpeg
    542 KB · Views: 198
  • 1DA258C0-A371-41E3-99EE-8591A1B5847A.jpeg
    1DA258C0-A371-41E3-99EE-8591A1B5847A.jpeg
    556.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 4CB106E7-1F06-44C1-AF2E-E4650465F4BA.jpeg
    4CB106E7-1F06-44C1-AF2E-E4650465F4BA.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 188
One interesting note. When i stopped by Sunday all the adjacent parking spaces were filled but not a single SC slot was iced. Apparently people respected the signs that say Parking for Tesla Vehicles Only. Doubt that will survive Black Friday and Christmas, but it's a nice start.
These spots are extremely far away (people hate to walk) from the entrance of the mall which should help, most of the year. This was great placement by Tesla.

While I get the "carrot" of putting EV charging close to the door (to provoke future purchases), like the EVgo stalls, all it does it entice ICEing by people who don't want to walk far. Then this shows owners or potential buyers that it is going to be a hassle to park an EV.

I can't wait to use this location with our future M3 when we visit my family in Westchester and go shopping. This will probably help to entice my family to get an M3 also since they shop at the DFM a lot.

Hello...glad to have found these posts...thanks! I am making a trip to Danbury from Akron next week ( 11/11 ) If these are not operational by then I will need to drive my other (gas) vehicle so will be watching this thread each day. If someone there could keep an eye out and post it would be MUCH appreciated! I have checked out other EV options, but the locations, restrictions, charge times are just not practical.
I have read other info where these final inspections / red tape can take an eternity...but am staying hopeful here!
Thank you!! Charles.

Hello...glad to have found these posts...thanks! I am making a trip to Danbury from Akron next week ( 11/11 ) If these are not operational by then I will need to drive my other (gas) vehicle so will be watching this thread each day. If someone there could keep an eye out and post it would be MUCH appreciated! I have checked out other EV options, but the locations, restrictions, charge times are just not practical.
I have read other info where these final inspections / red tape can take an eternity...but am staying hopeful here!
Thank you!! Charles.
You shouldn't need Danbury as there are plenty of other options that would allow EV travel. You don't want to take an ICE on such a road trip. Driving the Tesla is so much more enjoyable!

Newburgh is on your way and should provide enough range. Where are you staying while in CT? Perhaps I can help with charging options.