Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danbury, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at Danbury today! Unfortunately still not turned on but seems very close!

Attachments

• IMG_2833.JPG
    IMG_2833.JPG
    553.4 KB · Views: 177
Thank you for these replies. Rather new at this. Have had my X for about 8 weeks. This is a solo trip through Vermont and CT/NYC but will be carrying 5 people from Akron at various locations. I prefer to do the charging in the evening when I don't have passengers. All SprChrging is easily done with the exception of this last bit. ( even a side trip to Ben & Jerry's didn't pose a problem ) I am staying in Ridgefield CT for 3 days and will be touring them in Bedford Hills, Katonah and down to NYC twice. I do not have a Tesla DC adapter so level3 not an option. Thanks for mentioning the EVgo at Danbury mall. Not concerned about the cost. I will check on what that entails to sign up and to use although I imagine will be sitting there for several hours. Another wrinkle is that I don't have a SmartPhone. Yep...state of the art car and he's got a flip phone...am the butt of many jokes! The Tesla salesman who appeared to be about 12 years old stared at it like he never saw one.
( Waterworks Plumbing is not an option - employees customers only )
Had scoped this out weeks ago. I thought there was a Tesla SC at Whole Foods in Danbury and discovered I was mistaken.
Someone posted photos of the new SC at the Mall...it's even landscaped with cute little trees! Now if they can just get it turned on.
Thanks...Charles :^)

• Helpful
Reactions: PeterK
This article says March for Danbury. Lets hope thats wrong. Manchester to house New England's largest Tesla 'Supercharger'
EDIT: The article actually cites supercharge.info saying its Tesla's official site. I think the author thought that the nunber of days since construction started was actually how many days left, which would make sense for the estimates given. So I dont think this is any new news at all.
Strange, Manchester does not even show up on the official Tesla supercharger Map Find Us | Tesla The official Tesla supercharger map still says Danbury is targeted for the end of 2017.

For what it's worth, I heard a rumor of plans to also install destination chargers in the parking garage for those owners who wish to spend more time at the mall without having to run back to the parking lot to move their cars once they are done supercharging to avoid paying idle fees. Maybe if someone is in the area, they can also check for that as well.

Reactions: Dan_A
My guess, is that Manchester, CT = 2nd West Hartford SC. They just got the location wrong.

Something similar just happened with the Natick, MA "coming soon" Supercharger, as well as the Burlington, MA pin./

Once they got a permit, etc etc etc, Natick ended up being a few hundred feet across the town line in Framingham, MA. And now we've found out that "Burlington" is now actually Woburn, MA.

Some of those pins will move around, but as long as they're not getting cancelled outright, it can only be seen as a good thing, really.

• Informative
Reactions: chjch
Has anyone noticed the the Danbury pin on the SuC map is not at Danbury Fare mall, (or whatever it is called these days) where we have seen the SuC stalls? It is actually located in downtown Danbury. Is this a new development?
no, its always been away from the mall, so i think it is just a generic "danbury" location

that said, if they started to build a new one somewhere else in danbury, it would probably still be open earlier than this one!

no, its always been away from the mall, so i think it is just a generic "danbury" location

that said, if they started to build a new one somewhere else in danbury, it would probably still be open earlier than this one!

on the official website, Tesla's "coming soon" pins are always placed in the geographic center of the city or neighborhood they're planned for. The only time they put the pin in its final spot is when it goes live. So there will likely not be a SuC in downtown Danbury. The nearly completed one will be updated on the site once it goes live.

Reactions: chjch