Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danbury, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pics from today. I only count 10 stalls so far.

Attachments

• IMG_6217.JPG
    IMG_6217.JPG
    641.8 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_6218.JPG
    IMG_6218.JPG
    514.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_6219.JPG
    IMG_6219.JPG
    751.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_6220.JPG
    IMG_6220.JPG
    654.7 KB · Views: 227
Where did the initial thought of 20 stalls come from? I don't think they would separate them but maybe.

I am sorry for the confusion. When I initially reported the site to supercharge.info, I speculated that there would be at least 20 stalls. My assumption was based on a few factors.

First, there were earlier reports about a huge Danbury site in the works when Milford Post Mall was under construction on that forum. It was stated then that the Danbury site would be "As big as the Milford Post Road SuperCharger -- or even bigger". Second, at the time I discovered this site, another 20 stall site was being built in Guilderland, NY (Albany). When I first saw the construction, I jumped the gun and speculated that this would also be a 20-stall supercharger based on the size of the area which was being fenced off.

Again, I am so sorry for the confusion, but based on what I am now reading on this forum, it looks as if this site will be a 10-stall site.

From the photos, it looks like they are getting close - any guesses on when this supercharger will go live? September?

I think late September is possible, but not probable. The Milford Post Road Supercharger construction was complete for 6 weeks before the site went live. I think this one might be live by late October.

Girlfriend just sent me this today. Still under the covers. She said there are "about seven." Not sure if she really counted or just eyeballed, or maybe they're not all up yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3286.JPG
    IMG_3286.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 191
Just stopped by this afternoon. I plugged in — while my charger port opened automatically it wouldn't start to charge. Looks like this should be open soon! 10 stalls, although they are “back-in” configurations and in a busy spot in the parking lot - I anticipate it being a bit annoying to back in with all of the traffic turning the corner into the parking lot.

Attachments

• 705E5602-2802-420C-8915-76C7FD9B96AA.jpeg
    705E5602-2802-420C-8915-76C7FD9B96AA.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 188
  • 7DB7A003-0A29-43B2-99F2-125FE7469E20.jpeg
    7DB7A003-0A29-43B2-99F2-125FE7469E20.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 192
Just stopped by this afternoon. I plugged in — while my charger port opened automatically it wouldn't start to charge. Looks like this should be open soon! 10 stalls, although they are “back-in” configurations and in a busy spot in the parking lot - I anticipate it being a bit annoying to back in with all of the traffic turning the corner into the parking lot.

It shouldn't be too bad. Except for the busy shopping season leading up the Christmas, that area of the parking lot isn't used all the often.

Thanks for the update. Glad to see we are close to another charger in CT.

I was there a couple of days ago and didn't get around to posting this until now. It appears that the contractors have finished their work. Now, we are waiting on the power company to install the transformer and meter. Then the city of Danbury has to do an inspection before power can be turned on. Finally, Tesla will run their own inspection and number the stalls. I think it will be at least a few weeks before this one goes live. Hopefully before the end of next month. Here are some pics I took of where the transformer and meter will go and the stalls.
20170913_192539.jpg
The transformer will most likely go here.

20170913_191728.jpg

Waiting on meter to be installed as well. Also pretty sure the city of Danbury might take exception with that bush so close to the electrical cabinet. It might need to be moved.
20170913_185419.jpg
20170913_185432.jpg
Stalls need to be numbered. Usually at this point, they are covered with caution tape or plastic bags. I wonder why they are uncovered. Maybe no one got around to it. Also like the "Tesla Vehicle Only Charging" signs.

Reactions: Acps110