Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danbury, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know like most malls, different parts have different owners. So the actual mall is owned by Macerich but jcpenney, macys and sears are seperatly owned. Each one of those properties also owns some if tge parking. Jcpenney actually owns part of the parking garage i think. The location of these chargers is owned by Macerich. That being said, in sure all the owners have different agreements for who can park where and who maintains the lot. So it could be possible that changing some of the parki g ti charging stations could affect an agreement with one if the stores. Thats probably not whats holding it up but it could relate to that in some way.

I know like most malls, different parts have different owners. So the actual mall is owned by Macerich but jcpenney, macys and sears are seperatly owned. Each one of those properties also owns some if tge parking. Jcpenney actually owns part of the parking garage i think. The location of these chargers is owned by Macerich. That being said, in sure all the owners have different agreements for who can park where and who maintains the lot. So it could be possible that changing some of the parki g ti charging stations could affect an agreement with one if the stores. Thats probably not whats holding it up but it could relate to that in some way.
So does tesla lease the space they put superchargers on in most places?

I don't think Tesla or any charging station operator leases or owns their space..... I think the property owner allows them to place chargers on the site. I really don't know how the deal works out. But I don't think the property owner really gains any money from the deal.

What time are you leaving the city?

I have my regular day in NYC on wednesday, and will swing past Danbury around 530-6. Will update here wth whether it is open or not, if that helps you out

Thanks. I’ll probably be leaving the city around then. I can usually charge all day at a NEMA 14-50 in the loading dock during my board meeting so should have range to reach West Hartford (or Milford) but prefer to avoid 95/Merritt traffic, and Danbury would be a better time for dinner than West Hartford.

Just an observation on the Danbury location. I was up there today and noticed the cabinets are across the street from the supercharger spots.

This would mean that there has to be a conduit running under the road to the Superchargers. Does anyone remember them digging anything? I saw no fresh scarring of the pavement and it doesn’t look like it was repaved recently.

Also there is a utility hole cover there but it has green utility markings. Which means someone called 811 to Mark to dig (possibly for the conduit). I don’t believe the conduit is in that utility cover because green markings are for sewer/drain lines.

So it’s logical to assume the called to dig the trench for the conduit, but haven’t yet.... unless there is some other underground conduit that I didn’t see any access point to.

Just an observation on the Danbury location. I was up there today and noticed the cabinets are across the street from the supercharger spots.

This would mean that there has to be a conduit running under the road to the Superchargers. Does anyone remember them digging anything? I saw no fresh scarring of the pavement and it doesn’t look like it was repaved recently.

Also there is a utility hole cover there but it has green utility markings. Which means someone called 811 to Mark to dig (possibly for the conduit). I don’t believe the conduit is in that utility cover because green markings are for sewer/drain lines.

So it’s logical to assume the called to dig the trench for the conduit, but haven’t yet.... unless there is some other underground conduit that I didn’t see any access point to.
Those cabinets have been there for months.

B504BF1E-2D97-440D-944D-FA020E069C58.jpeg
5D50BD25-ABE7-42E1-84AC-090A855DEB79.jpeg
Danbury is ONLINE!

Aaron