Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danbury, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just about to ask if it was affected by yesterdays storm. I know Danbury was hit pretty hard. But I guess it is still up and running. Not on my navigation yet. But I plan to stop by tomorrow.

30% of Danbury customers are without power right now. The mall tweeted the following:

We hope everyone is safe after last night's storm. Danbury Fair will open on time today at 10am. We added extra charging stations & mall WiFi connection is strong. We do expect delayed openings from our retailers. Please call specific retailer for opening hours.

Danbury Fair on Twitter

I would not plan on it being operational if I were passing through.

• Informative
Reactions: tanker5
Just got my CPO MS a few weeks ago, and charged at Danbury for the first time this week, during a power outage that lasted a week. Luckily Danbury SC wasn't affected by the outage, but 85 percent of homes in the next town were. SC coming online when it did really helped me out. My generator had all to do to power my home, so I was glad I didn't have to charge my car also. BTW, when I returned to my car after doing some shopping in the mall, I was surprised to see two non-Teslas parked at the chargers. I would imagine a Tesla owner on a road trip would not be very happy to have to wait until someone finishes their day at the mall, before they can continue on their trip. A nice warning window sticker placed by mall security would be a big help here.

Well this place is pretty ICEd up today. It may be particularly bad now because of the fair that is happening near the mall - 5 of the 10 spots had ICE cars parked in them. And for the hour or so I was in the mall, none of them left so they were there to stay for awhile... It may be problematic unless the property owners get involved in enforcement. I had been concerned about the Christmas holiday season, but this may be worse.

Attachments

• 7AD134ED-471C-4FC0-9370-76E56CCD37A5.jpeg
    7AD134ED-471C-4FC0-9370-76E56CCD37A5.jpeg
    572.1 KB · Views: 120
Well this place is pretty ICEd up today. It may be particularly bad now because of the fair that is happening near the mall - 5 of the 10 spots had ICE cars parked in them. And for the hour or so I was in the mall, none of them left so they were there to stay for awhile... It may be problematic unless the property owners get involved in enforcement. I had been concerned about the Christmas holiday season, but this may be worse.

Is that a road right behind, or is there a way to pull up on the other side to charge I’d blocked?

Reactions: Nikxice

Looks like some ICEholes have taken up residence. I suspect they are carnival workers - they were there for the entire hour we spent in the mall Sunday. These two are in both images.

Attachments

• jackasses.jpg
    jackasses.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 100