Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dancing cars are back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you've owned a Tesla for a few years or longer, you might remember the "dancing cars" issue: when stopped at a traffic light, the visualization of the other stationary cars at the light shows them moving around, sometimes into and out of your lane.

The problem went away for the most part, but lately it seems to be happening again. I see this in our HW3 Model 3 with 2022.20.8 (not FSD Beta), and I'm not using any AP features when it happens. I'm surprised to see so much activity when none of the cars around me are moving.

Are others seeing this too? The only other threads I found about dancing cars were the ones from a few years ago.

I've only had a Tesla Model Y since March 2022, but nearby car detection representations have always been pretty active on every firmware version since then. I've been about two months on the FSD beta firmware I got in mid-June. That shows many more vehicles with more detailed images than did any of the earlier firmware versions I got.

Just for one example, I had a semi-truck shown beside my car while pulling into my own garage. The real thing beside me was a row of cupboards. It danced.
garage_Prius_plus_phantom.jpg

Never stopped for me. Always been dancing. (not all of them, but always cars to the side and rear dance. Sometimes front).

Since 9/30/21 delivery.
It never completely went away for me either, but it was much worse a few years ago. Seems to gave gotten worse lately, though not as bad as before.

I don’t see semi trucks in my garage, but sometimes I see a pedestrian when pulling in. 🙂

Reactions: OxBrew